5- Confessions

"I'm going to take a shower first and then uh, meet me by the lake." She said nodding at me as she headed out.

I stared after her before I was given a rough jab in the side.

"You know staring at her isn't going to get her." Landon said.

I glared at him. "I don't have feelings for her."

Hope rolled her eyes at me. "That's such crap and you know it. You literally discovered one of the biggest secrets of the mythological world together."

"And what was that?" I asked pretending to be confused.

"The fact that the Titans are literally still alive." Hope said not getting my sarcasm.

"That was sarcasm, hun." Landon said laughing as we walked down the hall toward my room.

"Oh, well anyway if you have feelings for her you should go for it."

I shook my head as we walked up the stairs passing other students heading to early morning class.

"I don't do feelings, especially not when I have a war to fight." I said as I opened the door to my room and closed it behind me.

I sighed and shook my head as I walked into my bathroom.

I had feelings for her, they were right, I really did. The only thing was that one I suck at relationships, well I mean I had never been in one to be good at in the first place, two I had a war to fight a big one and I couldn't let my emotions get in the way of my decisions.

I pulled my hand through my dark hair and turned the hot water on.

I sat in there just thinking about everything that had happened and everything that was going to happen.

My father confirmed that Olivia was indeed a demigod but he refused to tell me who her godly parent was. Not to mention I had awoken probably the most vengeful deities on the planet at this point, at the cost of my powers.

What was next?

What happened now?

The only lead I had at the moment was that Olivia was a demigod.

I had at least a dozen texts from Olivia when I exited the shower. I had planned on being in the shower for fifteen minutes but had been so deep in my thoughts that I had been in there for an hour.

"Shoot." I complained as I threw on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. I quickly did my hair and jogged out of my bedroom.

***
I strolled around the lake and saw Olivia sitting cross legged on the bench with her hands in her lap looking out across the leg.

She was beautiful, a long sleeve shirt and a pair of leggings with her long red hair falling in curls around her shoulders.

She turned towards me as I got closer and gave a small smile.

"About time." Was all she said to me.

"Sorry, I um, I just had a lot on my mind and lost track of time."

"As far as excuses go that was pretty lame." She said moving over as I took a seat on the bench next to her.

"Right before we fought Thanatos and his army you made an exact replica of Pandora's Box." I said to her. "How?"

"Magic." She said to me.

"Show me."

She nodded and pulled her phone out of her pocket.

She squinted at the phone and I watched as an exact replica appeared in her other hand.

That's when it hit me.

It was the exact look she had made in the Titan temple when I first handed her the box to hold on to.

"You're not as dumb as you look." She said to me reading my face.

"I get that a lot." I said to her. "Start from the beginning."

She nodded at me and turned her direction towards the lake.

"When I was little it was just my mother and I, we lived in a very small town in Pennsylvania and I was always wondering why my father was never around." She said sadly. "Anyway, when I was seven my mother died of brain cancer and I was on my own. I bounced from several foster homes at a time until one day a man found me. Long black hair, emerald green eyes like mine. He took me in."

"Who was he?" I asked her confused.

She held up a finger as if telling me to wait.

"He knew about my abilities, he trained me in them told me what to do how to do it. He also taught me how to fight and protect myself, telling me that I couldn't always rely on my magic." She said. "One day, we got in a car and he brought me here telling me that he wouldn't be able to protect me anymore and that this school would help me. Anyway he leaned down and whispered to me and said 'Be safe, Daughter of Magic." A tear fell from her face.

I put an arm around and pulled her into my.

She laid her head down on my shoulder.

"I never saw him again, once I got old enough though I began digging through old textbooks on the Gods. Egyptian was a dead end, same with Greek and Roman, and that's where I found it." She said to me. "It was a page in the back of a very old book, it was barely put together but it was there."

"Who's your father?" I asked her looking out at the calm water.

She took a deep shaky breath.

"My father is part of a very old group of deities, from even before the Greeks. They ruled during the ice age until catastrophe wiped them out. In ancient texts, the end of the world was known to them as Ragnarok."

My stomach dropped.

"Holy crap, the Norse gods, they were real."

"They are real. If I saw my father, then the others must still be alive. Just in hiding in fear of the Greeks."

"So that means your father is..." I said finally putting the pieces together.

She sat up and looked at me.

"Loki, the Norse God of Mischief and Magic."