22- Asgard

The portal closed behind the four of my friends and I as well as behind the God.

My first take on Olympus was about the same reaction that I had on Asgard. A beautiful temple lay in the distance where I assumed that's where the thrones were while the rest of Asgard was a beautiful city surrounded by various mountains, trees, and bodies of water.

A large wooden and gold mansion sat on the edge of one of the surrounding mountain which seemed to radiate a gloomy power.

Down to the left lay another small village. My extensive research on the Gods led me to believe that we were in the Aether gods (The War Gods)territory while the Vanir (The nature Gods) lie below.

"It's beautiful here." Olivia said as Loki led the way through the village.

"After Ragnarok, it took hundreds of years before we regenerated back on the planet. So much had changed, western civilization, cellphones, internet, airplanes. It was all so advanced, dangerous even." Loki said as he nodded to a black smith who was working on a hammer.

"You went into hiding."

Loki nodded his head confirming my answer. "Previously, The Asgardian Gods are very fond of magic and together we created sort of a pocket realm, we can see the outside world but they can't see us, and in this realm we began to rebuild."

"So where are we then?" I asked him.

Loki waved his hand trying to think of the words.

"We are in what you Americans call Minnesota." Loki said.

"You guys really like the cold then." Landon said as him and Rafael walked with Hope who was about to lose consciousness.

"We're vikings. What do you expect?" He said swishing his hand conjuring up a floating stretcher with Hope lying on it.

He flicked a finger again sending the stretcher right down the other street.

"Where's she's going?" Landon asked.

"Infirmary, where she will be treated for her wounds." Loki said to them.

Landon and Rafael nodded before turning and following the stretcher.

"We're gonna go with Hope, we'll catch up in a bit." Raf said before jogging to catch up with his friends.

"Now that it's just us, it's time for you to meet the big guys." Loki said to Olivia and I as we stopped in front of golden doors like Olympus.

Loki opened the door and crossed the room to sit in one of his thrones.

The throne room looked almost identical to Olympus except for the fact that most of the room was dedicated to War and Magic.

"Son of Zeus." Odin boomed. "Welcome to Asgard."

I bowed at my waist. "It's an honor to be here, sir."

He nodded. "Daughter of Loki, welcome home."

"Thank you grandfather." She said bowing.

"You're a legend here Achilles." Odin said to me. "The story of your battle with the god of death inspires many heroes, and young children."

"I'm flattered sir, but I couldn't have done it without help."

Odin glanced at Thor. "You see that, that's modesty, that's a true hero."