13- Ragnar

"Ugh." Hope groaned. "There are little to no records on anything ancient Norse or Scandinavian." She said as books lay in a mess around the table.

"Keep looking." I said chewing on a pen as I read through an old book on the ancient Norse gods. "Truth was, I was getting information on them as well as looking for the Viking and the necklace."

"How are you so chill about this? It's stressing me out." Hope groaned.

We had been searching for hours already. Landon and Rafael had gone to their rooms a few hours ago and headed to bed while Hope and I stayed back and continued to search the room.

"Because if we can't find it, Olivia will."

Hope looked up at me and smirked. "Your view on her has changed quite a bit since last year."

I made eye contact with her across the room. "What are you talking about?"

"After the incident with Jack you had lost so much trust in her that you wouldn't let her out of your sight."

I shrugged. "After Thanatos, and creating the duplicate box, I think she earned my trust."

Hope smiled as she went back to the shelf for more books. "That's good news."

My mind thought back to Olivia where she was sound asleep in her room aboard the ship searching her dreams for answers.

***
"Hello?" She called out.

Olivia was surrounded by white for miles, it was like she was in solitary confinement but instead of mattress's lining the walls it was pure light stretching in all directions.

"Achilles?!" She called into the light.

"Dad?!"

She was alone, and it terrified her. No one was there to help, and no one was there to comfort her.

Light began to bounce off her skin as the light shimmered to the west. A crack split down the translucent wall before it opened up into a blue swirling portal. Much like the one in the cave in her dream.

"Olivia." A voice said before a man walked out of the portal.

He had an Olympian bronze sword in his hand that had Greek letters etched along the side of it. She trailed up his body from his blue jeans to his signature leather jacket.

Her heart dropped as she continued to his face noticing the scar on the left side of his eye. His brown hair with streaks of grey through it sat neatly on the top of his head, along with short grey facial hair and his eyes were glistening a dangerous electric blue.

"Achilles?" She asked.

"You called?" He asked giving her a small smile.

"Are you my Achilles?" She asked confused.

His eyes changed to a stormy gold color before returning to his electric blue almost as if he was recalling something from a long time ago.

"Something like that." He sad sadly.

"What does that mean?" She asked him.

"The Laws of time and space forbid me for saying too much but in my timeline you never find the necklace and Cronus wins the war." He said as they walked through the light.

That's when Olivia noticed it. It was marked across his face and in his eyes, it was filled with the horrors of war.

"How old are you?" She asked him.

"One hundred and seventy five." He said slowly.

Olivia jumped back in surprise. He was from the future.

"So what? You made a deal with a higher up to become an agent of time and space?"

He smirked. "Something like that. After we were defeated we went into hiding, after a few years underground I started a revolution. I killed Cronus, upon killing him I absorbed his ability over time and with the help from the higher up I became partial immortal and now I protect time and space from threats beyond the Gods reach."

Olivia's eyes widened. "How did you accomplish all of that?"

He looked at her with sadness and memories in his eyes.

"The thought of you." He said as a tear dropped.

"I died, didn't I?"

"Follow me." He said to her as he began walking.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked jogging to catch up with him.

"I'm giving you the chance that my Olivia never got."

***
Footsteps echoed above Achilles's and Hope's heads. Someone was running through the halls above them.

Olivia burst into the library panting and sweating. She leaned against the door frame before moving to sit down on the chair.

She looked at me sadly like she had seen my death or something.

"Olivia what's going?" I asked her.

"I found it. I found the tomb." She said to us as she caught her breath.

"Where? Where is it." Hope asked her excited.

"Reykjavik, Iceland." She said to us. "It's about sixty miles out of town built into the mountainside on the far side of the mountain."

I made my way to the walkie talkie that was sitting on the table.

"Jason?"

"Achilles." His voice spoke through the walkie.

"Change of plans, take us to Reykjavik, Iceland."

"Right away." He spoke back. The ship suddenly lurched right as we made a sharp turn.

"Who's tomb is it?" I asked Olivia as she stood up and paced the room.

"Ragnar Lodbrok." Olivia spoke.

"He was buried in Norway." I said to her remembering I had read about one of the greatest Vikings to exist in one of the books.

She nodded. "He was, but after someone broke into his tomb to try and steal his necklace he was moved to Iceland where he was laid to rest with four of his five sons Hvitserk, Ivar the Boneless, Bjorn Ironside, and Ubba, along with their legion of Vikings they commanded."

"Good job Olivia. I'm going to head to bed." Hope said smiling before she left.

"She's right you know, what you did was pretty great." I said to her.

She laughed. "All I did was sleep."

"Well I'm going to head to bed, I'll see you in the morning." I said to her.

"Achilles?" She asked.

I turned around. "Yeah, what's up?"

"You think it would be okay if I came with?" She asked shyly.

I took a moment to think about it. What harm could it do.

I smiled and nodded at her.

"Yeah, of course."