14- Nightmares

"Mom?" I asked as I entered the house. The door had been left open which was unusual.

I walked into the kitchen, she wasn't there.

She wasn't in the living room either.

The bathroom door was open.

"Mom?!" I called again.

I was starting to worry.

I slowly headed down the hall in the direction of the bedrooms.

I heard sobbing coming from her bedroom.

I turned the corner and froze in my spot. The door was knocked off its hinges onto the floor.

My mother was lying there on the ground lying in a pool of her own blood. A bronze sword was protruding from her stomach.

"Mom, Mom." I cried as I ran towards her dropping on my knees next to her.

"Ash." She croaked out. "Ash, run."

"No mom, I'm staying here." I said looking into her dying eyes.

I knew what was happening, it didn't take a genius to realize she was bleeding out and the sword that was sticking out of her stomach wasn't helping anything.

"Ash, I love you so much but you have to go." She whispered to me.

"I love you mom, I love you so much." I whispered as I put my forehead against hers.

***
Olivia shrieked suddenly.

I spun around on my heel faster than humanly possible.

Jack had Olivia in a chokehold with Olivia gripping at his arm trying to pry herself loose.

I looked down in my hand and saw I already had Stormcaster drawn. I looked at the large building of the small town we were standing in.

Paamiut City Hall.

"Achilles." Olivia croaked.

"Olivia, stay calm. It's going to be okay." I said to her trying to comfort her.

"Don't lie to her, cousin." Jack growled at her. "I'm going to make her squeal." He hissed at me.

He dug the tip of his dagger against her throat.

I took a step toward him.

"Ah, ah, ah." Jack said to me. "The closer you get the more she bleeds." He said as a drop of blood dripped from her neck onto his blade.

I stopped in my place.

"Good." He hissed. "Now, you're going to watch her die."

He smirked at me. "Just like you watched your mother die."

"You." I growled. "You killed her!"

"For a wealthy sum. I might add." He said grinning.

"I'm going to make Olivia scream, just like your mother did." He did as she slowly drug the blade across her throat.