1- Months Later

"I can't believe we still have to go to school even though we technically graduated last year." I groaned.

"It's not like we have to attend classes. We just stay at the school and do whatever we want." Hope said to me as we packed our bags into the car.

Hope, Landon, Olivia and I decided to go on a trip to the beach for the last week of summer before we had to be back at school again.

"Are you sure?" Landon asked Hope as he pushed the cooler into the back. "I heard Saltzman mentioning something to Dorian that we would have to take college courses this year."

Hope's mouth dropped.

"I heard it too." Olivia said dragging her back on the ground behind her.

Ever since the whole Pandora's Box thing Olivia had became an extremely good friend of ours. Especially considering she could've died for either of us multiple times.

"Great, just what I needed... more school." I groaned as I tossed the keys to Hope.

Alaric specifically said that only Hope was allowed to drive the jeep. Which hurt my feelings because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that actually has my driving license.

Splashes suddenly echoed through the air and people began running across the beach screaming.

I immediately spun around to see a man running straight towards me.

He grabbed my shoulders and stared at me with fear in his eyes. "Run!" He shouted at me.

"Hey, calm down." I said to him. "What did you see?"

He shook his head frantically. "It was like nothing I've ever seen before, it was scaly. like a snake and it had horns on the side of its head like a ram, and, and it was huge!" He said before taking off in the opposite direction of the beach.

"Oh no." I said remembering what the creature was from my extensive research on mythology ever since I woke up my coma.

"What is it?" Hope asked me.

"It's a Cerastes."

"Yeah that really helps." Olivia said as we ran towards the beach.

The water surged as the giant serpent came from the water.

"It's a sea serpent." I said as the blue scales shimmered in the sunlight as it terrorized the beach.

I summoned my bow and fired an arrow at its thick scales. It did nothing but bounce off.

"Over here ugly!" I yelled at it as I waved my bow in the area.

"Landon, Hope get everyone to safety." I said to them.

They nodded at me before taking off in separate directions.

"So do we kill it?" Olivia asked me.

"You're a demigod too, shouldn't you know." I said bringing it up for the first time since the battle.

Her face paled. "You remember." She said looking at me.

I nodded.

"Well I'm not that kind of demigod." She as the serpent lunged at us.

We both dove to the side as it reared back for another strike.

"We'll discuss this later but for now we need to kill it." She said pointing at the serpent.

"Lets cut the head off the snake then." I said shrugging as I levitated myself into the air.

The snake darted back into the ground straight at Olivia and smashed into the ground.

Olivia was quick and grabbed onto one of its horns pulling herself into the snake as the serpent reeled back again.

I dropped to the snakes altitude and darted towards it.

"Oh no." I said to myself as a reptilian eye snapped towards me.

I pulled up but was too late as a moving horn shot towards me and knocked me backwards in the air.

"It can move its horns." I said rubbing my head as I floated in midair. "Good to know."

I darted down towards the serpent again this time dodging the horns as they shot out towards me.

Olivia reached into the sky as her hands burst to life in orange flames and smashed them down onto the serpents scaly head.

The serpent roared in pain and jerked back and forth threatening to knock Olivia off the top of his head.

Olivia gripped a loose scale and made eye contact with me.

"It's scales are too thick!" She yelled over the roaring.

I nodded in understanding and landed on top of its large head in front of Olivia.

Black hand prints were sitting neatly on the top of its head.

"Do it again." I said to her. "Hotter this time."

"Oh I can go hotter." She said smirking at me.

Her hands erupted into green flames as she brought her hands down on top of the Cerastes.

"That's new." I said looking down at her as the flames threatened to singe my leg hairs.

"You like?" She asked as the dragon began to roar in pain again, swinging back and forth.

Olivia jerked her hands away and grabbed onto one of the horns for balance.

"Whatever you were going to do, do it now." Olivia called to me.

I swished my hand and changed my sword to a spear.

I brought the spear over my head and slammed it down through the melted scale and straight into the serpents brain.

The serpent continued to roar in pain as all sets of horns came straight towards me. The sea serpent jerked heavily back and forth once more.

"Achilles!" Olivia yelled as she was knocked loose and fell off the top of the serpents head towards the ocean below.

"Crap." I cursed at myself.

I quickly looked around as I avoided the horns.

The hilt of my spear was sticking out of the Cerastes head still. I shook my head as I slammed my foot onto the top of the spear sending it deeper into its brain.

I shrugged as the serpent gave one last roar before I jumped off the top of the large water snake and skydived down towards Olivia who was flailing on her way down to the water.

I wrapped my arms around her back and yanked her into my chest as I focused on the winds and pulled us upright just before we hit the water.

"I got you." I said taking a deep breath.

"You're crazy."