20- The Arena

My eyes slowly opened.

I was moving.

My legs were dragging on the ground and my arms were being pulled at the elbows by someone.

I tried to kick my legs but my ankles were caught with chains.

Bone hitting metal was heard and I cursed at myself as I realized we had been captured by the draugr.

Chanting was echoing from what I had recognized as the arena from last night. Swords clashed in the pit that I was being drug into.

I looked up to see two draugr fighting each while the crowd grew louder with each action.

"Achilles!" I heard a scream from the nearby stands.

It was Olivia.

Rafael, Landon, and Hope were all seated next to her bonded in chains between two draugr.

At least they were okay.

I had seen enough movies, read enough books to realize that I was going to need to fight in the arena for my survival.

"Son of Zeus." A voice hissed echoing off the chamber walls causing the two fighting draugr to stop and return to their seats. "Why are you here?"

The chains were unlocked from my body where they dropped dead to the ground.

The two guards walked to either side of the arena and stood at attention.

"I need that necklace." I said pointing to the one he was now wearing around his neck.

He leaned back in his chair and flicked a finger.

A gate on the right side of the arena began to open.

"A noble hero, you'll die trying." He growled as a monster burst through the cage killing the two draugr guards it was pulling.

The monster stamped its foot before charging straight at me.

I shook my head complaining. "You have got to be kidding me."

I turned and ran as fast I could as the bull chased me. I turned last second causing the bull to run head first into the wall catching him in a daze.

The Colchis Bull, one of the two creations of Hephaestus they could breathe, made of silver horns, and a bronze body. Not to mention their eyes were rubies.

The worst thing about it?

It's was a machine.

I'd need to blow it up, stabbing it wouldn't work.

The bull charged at me but then stopped shortly in front of me.

It's sides began to open like gills and it started to get extremely hot in the arena, down the bulls throat began to turn a bright orange as it was getting ready to burn me to a crisp on the spot.

"I saw this in a movie once." I said taking off my ring.

I threw it perfectly down the bulls throat willing it to change into Stormcaster on its way down his throat.

The sword struck something as they bull began to whine and stumble around before it blew up entirely sending shrapnel everywhere.

I picked up my ring and winced at how hot it was still before slipping it back on my finger.

Ragnar clearly assumed I'd never make it past the first round because the rest of the rounds were strictly draugr which were easy enough to deal with.

I cut down the last draugr and pointed my sword at Ragnar.

"Is that all you got?" I asked him.

I looked over at Olivia who nodded at me, we had been using subtle signals to devise a plan of attack for the last hour of fighting.

"Very well, bring out my champion." Ragnar growled.

Footsteps echoed back from the tunnel I had came from last night. They were loud, they didn't shake the ground, but they were draugr or a monster's.

A man appeared and rested his hands on the edge of the balcony.

"Hello cousin." He said giving me an evil grin.

"Jack." I sneered at him as he jumped from the balcony into the pit.

"Ready for round two?" He asked as black bat wings sprouted from his back and his dragon tail soon followed.

"I hope you're ready for when I slice off that pathetic excuse for a tail." I smirked at him.

He was already getting angry.

He flew towards me just inches off the ground, enough to keep us both fighting.

I did the same hovering myself to his level.

We fought through the air against each other. He was a great swordsman, he was trained by someone. I had learned myself, I had an unorthodox way of fighting. He fought like a spartan would have.

I darted through his legs and sliced his tail off causing him to lose a bit of balance.

He roared in pain and sliced down which I side stepped away from.

We locked swords against each other.

"It should've been me!" He growled. "I should've been Olympus's Champion!"

That's why he hated so much. Why he had killed my mother, and why he had tried to ruin my life at school.

I growled in angry and sent a bolt of electricity straight into his stomach sending him flying backwards and smashing into the wall unconscious.

I changed my sword to a bow and fire four consecutive arrows into the soft side of Jack's wings pinning him to the wall.

I immediately spun and fire arrows killing both of the draugr that were guarding my friends.

Olivia was quick to get them out of the chains and handcuffs and were ready for a fight as Ragnar roared to his legion sending them towards the others.

"Olivia! Get the necklace!" I yelled to her as Jack ripped the arrows out of his wings and tackled me to the ground.

"You fool." He growled at me.

He was on top of me with his hands around my throat as he choked me.

"You think you can beat me?" He snarled at me.

I started chuckling.

"Well here's the thing." I said as my eyes became pure electricity as I felt it running across my body. "I killed the God of Death." I said punching him with a fist of pure lightning crushing him against the ceiling before he came back down to the Earth.

He rolled over with steam coming off his body.

"This isn't over." He said looking at me before he brought a black stone from out of his pocket and crushed it in his hands. Shadows clouded around him before he teleported away.