7- Homecoming

I scoured around my room for a certain colored tie. I already had my black suit and my black shoes, I just needed that tie.

The door opened and I spun on my heel towards the noise, Landon was standing in the doorway with a silver tie in his hands.

"Your savior has arrived." He said pretending to bow to the fake audience.

He threw the tie at me.

"You know I have to say, I'm surprised you're going to homecoming after last year." He said bouncing on my bed as I tied my tie in the mirror.

"Don't remind me." I said to him. "Besides I'm not going to dance, I'm on a mission."

"Oh yeah, your secret mission with the mystery girl you still haven't told us about." Landon complained.

"Yeah because it's a secret for a reason." I said finishing my tie.

Landon stood up and stood next to me.

"You know Olivia's still pretty upset about this. I mean she literally saw you and this girl come out of your room together and now you're going to homecoming."

I flattened out my suit before heading to the door.

"She'll understand when it's over." I said to him as I opened the door and gestured for him to go first.

"How can you be so sure?" He questioned as we walked down the hallway.

"Just trust me okay." I said growing frustrated with all the questions.

"Alright, well I'm going to go find Hope. You go get your girl." Landon said before taking off in the opposite direction.

I walked to the front door where Artemis had told me she would meet me tonight.

I was currently right on time and she was late.

I waited a few minutes before a blinding light filled the room. I waited to open my eyes until it died down.

"You're late." I said without looking at her.

"Oh hush. I may be a goddess but it still takes time to get ready."

I turned towards you. "You look good, sister."

She nodded at me. "You don't clean up so bad yourself."

"Shall we go monster hunting?" I asked holding out my arm.

She smiled and took it. "Gladly."

We walked through the school until we reached the gymnasium where the dance was being held this year.

***
"Landon, Hope, Josie, Olivia. This is my friend Annika, from back home." I said introducing Artemis to my friends so we could get to work.

Olivia was super upset, I could tell by her red eyes that she had been crying recently. She was distraught and she wouldn't meet my eyes.

I felt guilty and I should've but my sister needed my help and I didn't need the others swarming around her on god business.

"Nice to meet you guys." Artemis said shaking their hands before spinning on her heel.

"Annika? Really?"

"Get over it." I said to her. "We're going to go get some punch."

"Notice anything strange?" I asked her while we subtly made our way to the food and drink table.

She shook her head.

"Don't you have a monster radar in your head or something? Or at least be a better tracker, I mean you're literally the goddess of the hunt." I said to her.