8- A Cold Dream

"I can't believe you let me believe that you came out of your room and went to homecoming with some random girl instead of just telling me she was your sister." Olivia complained as we walked through Mystic Falls.

"You let me believe you were just a witch while we were literally saving the world and left out the fact that you were a demigod." I retorted.

It was a beautiful Autumn day. The sun was out and a nice breeze passed through the city, while dead leaves crunched under our feet.

Kids jumped in leaf piles in their front yards while their parents watched smiling from their porches.

It was hard, not knowing what was in your future. Whether you were ever going to be able to live a normal life.

That's the cost of being a hero I guess.

I shrugged. "Why would it even bother if it was someone other than my sister?"

She looked at me before rolling her eyes. "Don't worry about it."

"I can't believe it's already been a month since our last monster attack, if it keeps on the normal routine we should be getting attacked today." I said to her chuckling.

"Easy turbo, don't jinx us." Olivia laughed as she playfully shoved me into the street.

I laughed and I spun around pretending to act like she pushed me harder than she did.

As I spun I saw a figure on the other side of the street.

He was wearing green and gold robes. He had long slicked back black hair and emerald green eyes just like Olivia's. He gave me a mischievous smirk causing the scar across his right eye to move a little.

He winked at me just before a bus passed in front of my vision. When the bus passed the man was gone.

Loki.

I looked towards Olivia who's humor filled face turned to that of concern.

She didn't see him.

"Ash?" She questioned worried. "You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

I shook my head and put a smile on my face.

"Don't worry I'm fine, let's head back to the school."

As we walked I turned back towards the other side of the street where Loki had stood, he did not return.

***
Two months later.... (December)

"God I hate finals." Hope said as she poured through a book in the library.

"Hope, finals aren't for like two weeks." Olivia said as she scrolled through her phone.

It was midnight, the only lights in the library were the lamp lights that Hope was using and Olivia's phone.

"Yeah, well since we have like three classes total and we don't actually have to attend I'd like to actually catch up a little bit." She said stressed out as she gripped her hair.

Landon rubbed a comforting hand on her back. "It's okay Hope, you're one of the smartest girls in the school I'm sure you'll figure it out."

Hope sighed and rested her head on Landon's shoulder.

Achilles was asleep on the couch with his phone on his stomach and his arms crossed over his chest while his legs rested up over Olivia's lap.

"So, what's going on with you two?" Landon asked nodding between Olivia and Achilles.

Olivia shrugged. "I don't know, some sort of unspoken thing I guess. He's too dumb to know how I feel."

Landon raised an eyebrow. "He knows how you feel, trust me."

Olivia's face fell a little. "So he doesn't feel the same is what you're saying."

Hope let out a small laugh. "You're cute."

Olivia looked confused.

"Ash is head over heels for you, he's just scared his emotions are going to distract him from the war and from the decisions he may have to make."

Olivia looked at his sleeping face across the couch. "Then we'll make them together."

Olivia moved Achilles's legs before getting up and replacing them on the couch. She raised her arms above her head and stretched.

"I'm calling it. See you guys in the morning." She said before heading up to her room.

She fell into her bed and closed her eyes and instantly fell into a restless sleep.

***
Olivia rubbed her arms as she walked through the blizzard.

"It's freezing." She whispered to herself as the wind whipped around her face.

Olivia was only in a pair of black leggings with a green Salvatore sweatshirt on as she trekked through the snow.

"Where am I?!" She called out to no one.

The scene swirled around her until she was in a giant tomb. It was like the temple she had visited in Colorado except for the dead bodies and resting places lining every hall.

"What the hell?" She questioned as she neared one of the skeletal bodies that had been put to rest with scraps of armor and weapons.

The skeletons eyes suddenly opened and a blue light emitted from the empty sockets as the skeleton rose from the dead.

Olivia backed up terrified and shaking before it's eyes died out and went back to its resting place.

Olivia shook her head.

"This is a demigod dream, that Achilles told me about. I'm here for a reason, I just need to find it." She said to herself as she gathered her wits and continued through the tomb.

She walked until she came to a large room with a dead skeletal man sitting in a black throne with a great sword on its back.

The skeletal man wore a necklace with a jewel in the middle of it that seemed to have trapped a portal inside of it.

Olivia slowly walked forward and retrieved the necklace from around its neck.

She closed her eyes as her hands touched the pendant.

A humming sound pierced the air as a blue light filled the room and a portal opened from the necklace.

A giant beautiful golden castle appeared in the background with a bunch of beautiful houses surrounding it like a town.

A rainbow bridge stretched from the portal all the way to the city on the other side.

"What is this place?" She asked herself.

Footsteps echoed through the chamber behind her.

She spun around still holding the portal intact only to come face to face with her father.

"Dad?" She asked with a tear in her eye.

"I don't have much time." He started. "The Titans have discovered our existence and they threaten to overrun our home." He said sadly. "Head to the Arctic and find this before the Titans do."

He spoke as he took the necklace from her hands.

"The Titans will stop at nothing to prevent you from reaching us." Loki started again. "Do not stop until you have the necklace."

Olivia looked back into the portal. "And the place? What is it?"

Loki said nothing but smiled at his daughter.

"It's time for you to wake up."