Be the Bait

Scott had come up with an idea to protect Hayden. Last night, Liam had figured out that Hayden was a Chimera. She was almost taken by them before Liam helped her. Now, since the Dread Doctors have a hard time on telluric currents, we're thinking we can hide her for the night on one of the strongest ones. That happens to be the school.

Lydia had also come up with an idea to mess with them even more. According to Valack, they uses frequencies. If we can mess up the frequencies they use, maybe we can stand a chance of capturing one of them. That was Scott's idea, by the way. Parrish took three cell phone jammers from the station and modified their range to make them stronger. Scott, Lydia, Liam, and I were going to be in the locker room watching over Hayden. Parrish, Malia, Kai, and River were going to be stationed around the school to watch for the Dread Doctors.

Malia picked up one of the phone jammers. "We're betting our lives on these?"

"I think we're betting Hayden's life on them." I answer her.

"Yeah, well, I'm glad I brought my gun." Parrish said handing me one of the boxes. I head over to the locker room where Scott, Liam, and Hayden were. I turn on the jammer before sitting on one of the benches. Lydia walks in the room and over to me. Scott walks over as well.

"Is it me or is Liam not aware of the second part of the plan?" Lydia whispers.

"I'm still not sure if there's going to be a second part." Scott said.

"Or if it's going to work." I add. Lydia sits next to me as Scott sits on another bench. After a while, I see him stand up. He almost looked like he was in some sort of trance.

"Scott?" I ask. He stopped walking and turned around to face me. "You know, since we can't use our phones, we can't check in on Stiles and Theo."

"I didn't even think about that." Scott said.

"Me either." Lydia agreed.

I let out a sigh. "So we're standing here waiting for guys in masks and breathing tubes to show up. But who or what are Stiles and Theo waiting for?"

×××

We've been sitting in the locker room for a while. Scott was over by the sinks. Lydia was seated at the end of the bench I was currently laying on. Liam and Hayden were cuddled together by the lockers. The sound of chains made me jump a little. I sit up to see Liam holding up the chains we had brought.

"What were you going to do with these?" Liam asked.

"Brought them just in case." Scott answered.

"In case of what?" Liam asked I let out a sigh.

"In case we had a chance to catch one of them."

"If we can't make the school a fortress, then maybe we can make it a trap." Scott explained.

"They're coming for her, doesn't that mean she's the bait?" Liam asked.

"Liam, we brought her here to protect her." Scott said.

Liam glares at Scott. "And now she's bait."

"Am I?" Hayden asked.

"No." Scott answered. "No one's bait. But we can't be bodyguards to everyone every night."