Coyote Ugly

"Does anyone else feel a wave of nostalgia, or is it just me?" I say pulling my black hood over my head. My hair's clean, and I don't want it to get dirty.

Scott decided to drag Stiles and I out here to look for a 'dead body.' Oh, how the tables have turned. If we can figure out this case, maybe my dad could still be the Sheriff in this town. I might be a little biased, but my dad's been the best Sheriff this town ever had. Even when he didn't know about the supernatural, he chose to stick around and figure out what was happening. Most people would run.

"Every damn time we come here." Stiles answers me. "You know, if dad's right, that means there's another werewolf in town that we haven't met yet."

"I know." Scott answers. He continues to walk next to me considering we're following my phone's gps.

"If it turns out to be something like triplets that form into, like, a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that." Stiles tells us.

"Yeah. Me either." Scott says. "Especially if I can't even control my own transformation anymore."

There was a howling off in the distance. I could tell it was a coyote. A body bumps into me almost making me lose my balance and fall off the steep ledge, but hands wrapped around my waist. I look up to see Scott holding me. I let out a small 'thank you' before looking for my phone. It turns out my phone wasn't so lucky. It was down the hill in a puddle of water.

"Sorry." Stiles tells me making me glare at him. "I hate coyotes so much. They always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal."

"You're gonna be it's next victim if you fucked up my phone." I shove my brother before climbing down the hill with the help of Scott.

Scott picks up my phone that was in the water before wiping it off. He handed back to me. "It still works."

"Count your blessings Stilinski." I tell Stiles. I put my phone back in my hoodie pocket where I know it's safe.

"Let me see the flashlight." Stiles takes the flashlight from Scott. He points it up. "I think we found it."

I look to where he's pointing the flashlight to see a car flipped upside down. There were leaves and vines all over it. One of the tires was missing. All of the windows are also missing. The three of us tarted to make our way to it.

"Uh, why wouldn't they move it?" Scott asks. "Isn't it evidence?"

"Probably too much of a pain in the ass to tow out." Stiles says while examining the car. "Look at this. See those? Animal claws would be closer together, right?"

Scott runs his fingers along the five scratch marks along the side of the car. The spaces between them fit Scott's, meaning a werewolf did this. Not a coyote.

"So a werewolf really did do this." I tell them.

"Dad was right." Stiles says getting closer to the car. Both him and Scott ducked down to look inside the car.

"What is that?" I hear Scott ask.

I see Stiles' grab something. The both of them stand up. In Stiles' hand is an old baby doll. I'm guessing it belonged to one of the girls.