Book Club

Both Lydia and Scott had found out from the acknowledgements page that the book was dedicated to Dr. Gabriel Valack. So, all of us, expect for Malia, are here at Eichen House to get some answers. I feel like something is off about us tonight. Scott and Stiles have been keeping to themselves a lot. I've also noticed that Stiles keeps grabbing his right shoulder a lot. Kira has also been keeping to herself. I just feel like something is wrong.

We make our way into main lobby of Eichen. "Please empty your pockets into the container."

"We're here to see..." Scott said before the man interrupted him.

"Please empty your pockets into the container." He repeated. I pull out my phone before placing it into the container along with everyone else. He looks at Kira. "Please remove your belt and place it into the container."

"I kind of need the belt. I mean, it's crucial to the outfit." Kira said.

"Please remove your belt which patients will attempt to take from you and use to strangle either themselves or others." The man stated.

Kira nodded taking off the belt. "Right. Got it."

I look over when one of the doors opens. A man Deaton has talked about before, Dr. Fenris, stood there. He lead us further into the hospital. "I'll remind you that I'm only doing this as a favor to Deaton. And I'm doing it against my better judgment."

"Hey, what's the etiquette for talking to this guy?" Stiles asked. "I mean, do you ever look at the other eye?"

"I wouldn't. In fact, while you're down here, try not to make eye contact with anyone or anything." Dr. Fenris answered. I stood next to River while we followed him. Lydia stops and looks back causing me to as well. Scott, Kira, and Kai were all just standing there. "You didn't think you were all going, did you?"

"It's mountain ash, isn't it?" Scott asked. I look at River confused. I didn't know we could cross mountain ash.

"Everywhere, but heavily concentrated down here." He answered opening the door for us. "Valack's cell is the last one at the end of the hall."

As much as I fought against it, I looked over at Scott. He nodded his head. "We'll be right here."

I turned and followed after Stiles and Lydia. I feel River grab my wrist as we make our way down the dimly lit hallway. I look over to my right when I see something move. It was a woman in a straight jacket. She looked normal until she came closer because I saw that she had no mouth. I shake my head before continuing forward. I see Stiles look into the next room with a look of shock. I turn to see a weird looking creature. It looked kind of like a gargoyle. He had long, pointed ears and gray skin. At the very end of the hall, Dr. Valack is sitting on the floor looking at us.

"Tell me what you just saw." Was the first thing he said.

Stiles pointed to him. "Me?"

"The creature in the previous cell. The Sluagh. The myth is that they can take on the appearance of the lost souls that have become inextricably bound to it." He explained. "Happen to have seen any lost souls, Mr. Stilinski?"

"Everyone down here." He replied.

"Don't give up on us yet. We're all works-in-progress." Dr. Valack says.