Zodiac Boy [Analogical] (College AU)

Start from the beginning

Virgil pushed the Citrine stone towards him. It was beauitfully cut into a pocket sized crystal. Logan could fit it inside of his shirt pocket. Logan rose an eyebrow, making sure that Logan was okay with giving away such a stone. He nodded with a weak, almost sickly smile as Logan slid the stone into his shirt pocket. He didn't feel much of a difference, but in his deep subconscious his brain made the adjustment to put more stress on his financial situation when he would return home. The Citrine was a reminder.

"Thank you very Much, Virgil. I will keep that in mind. Now, you said something about some sort of card game?"

Virgil sighed when Logan said the word 'game'. Logan made a mental note not to refer to any of these practices as a game seeing at how freatly it annoyed him. Virgil then proceeded to spread the entire deck of cards ominously over the table, a cloud covering the sun to give a shadowed cast over the entire area around them. Peculiar. There hardly was a single cloud in the sky earlier and was only a 10% chance for rain.

"Tarot Cards. They're not exactly prediction cards, since those are Oracle Cards, and they have deeper meanings that can see the past, present, and future. Just choose if you want to look into romance, career, fortune, or all three. It's different each way. Since you have no idea how most of this works, we're gonna go one card for all three. One in the left is for love, the middle one for finance, and the right one for luck. Ready? Because we're diving right in."

Logan listened carefully to the instructions, but blocked out the rest. Virgil shuffled through the deck twice, Logan not knowing the numberical pattern he had chosen. But since you are the reader you are allowed to know. Virgil decided to make it simple and use Logan's birth month: November. November is the eleventh month so the number was eleven. Since it was a double digest number he added the digets and got the number two. One plus one is two. Then he set down three cards faced down. One on the left, one on the right, and one in the center. Virgil flipped over the romance card first.

"The Four of Pentacles Reversed. You're lacking something solid. You do not have a healthy relationship or a relationship at all and it makes you feel less whole." 

Logan whipped up his eyes from the card and stared at Virgil. The card was upside down to Logan's perspective (a reversal) and Virgil didn't skip a Beat. Logan's face flushed in shame. No, he had never had a truly healthy relationship. Growing up in middle school he did have a "girlfriend" to hide the fact he was gay, but the girl found out and she slapped him. Logan never tried romance after that, feeling as though he'd mess it up. The card was generally right in a sense. Virgil waited for his eyes to go from a wild storm to a calm, dreary, dust. Virgil then flipped over the middle card.

"The page of cups, a card that ties deeply with your Scorpio sign. The page of cups is a gentle soul with a sensitive nature. You live in wonder and you always keep searching in an almost naive sort of way. In your career, you will keep learning and searching. You will grow more open to new ways and new possibilities and be more considerate of those around you."

Logan nodded, unsure of that one. However he has been working on being a more socially adequate to others. He does not worry about learning. He is always learning. But naive? Logan never saw himself as naive and could never identify with the word. In an ironic sort of way, isn't that naive in itself? Seeing himself as never becoming naive? Perhaps believing he could learn everything and be smarter than everyone in his life could be naive in a sort... this one would spark thought in him. Virgil didn't wait too long to reveal the last card.

"The nine of cups is a card highly supported by Planet Jupiter and by your Water sign: Scorpio. This card shows you that you are on the right path. You are exactly where you need to be fortune-wise. Your luck is good and good things will come your way. Of course, you'll have to work for it, but believe me when I saw that things are going to start looking brighter soon."