Sick Day [Moxiety]

I'm actually a lot farther in requests than I thought! After this I'll have four more! Sweet! You all know who this is requested by. That's right! The amazing Pengi11! Are you ready kids? (That's your cue)

I CANT' HEAR YOU

STORYTIME

Patton was stuck in bed. Looks like the father figure is feeling sick. Sorry Thomas, but Patton basically has something resembling the flu. Patton decided he should just lock himself in his own room and wait it out. He can conjure whatever he needs. Food, water, tissues. He just can't conjure living things because he's so weak. Patton really wanted a puppy to keep him company. A cat would probably be better, but Patton's allergic. He doesn't want to worsen his medical state. None of the other sides know he's sick yet. Patton internally panicked when he heard a knock on the door.

"Patton? Are you in there? I haven't seen you all day..."

Virgil. He was the last side he wanted to find him. Yeah, Virgil is his loving boyfriend and he cares about him more than anything, but Patton doesn't want Virgil seeing him so pathetic. He had to quickly put on an act. He sat up in his bed and tried to act like he didn't have the messiest bedhead in the world and crooked glasses. He was still wearing his rubber duckie pajamas but we don't talk about that despite the fact that we all know they're the one that makes bathtime lots of fun. Patton wore his best fake smile and tried his best not to sneeze, dough, or sound raspy when calling out to his sweetheart from the other side of the door.

"Yeah I'm in here! Need something kiddo?"

Patton somehow managed to make his voice sound strong. However, it wasn't stron enough to last because he let out a nasty cough right after it. Hooray for plot convenient bodily reactions. They are truly the best literary device, aren't they? Heavy sarcasm intended. Virgil instantly opened the door And Patton watched his jaw drop all the way to the the floor. Did Patton really look that defenseless? Wow that puts a huge damper on his self image. But that's okay because he's your happy Pappy Patton, always ready for a good cookie and laugh! Virgil hurried to his side, slamming the door behind him. The loud noise made Patton flinch and a shiver went up his spine. Virgil must have thought he was could and not surprised because he pushed him back down on the bed gently, obviously panicking. He didn't know how to take care of an animal, much less a human. Patton knew this because responsibility is one of his biggest anxieties.

"Patton you're completely red! You're burning up! Oh god you must be freezing. Do you have a fever!? Oh god oh god... Take this and bite into this real quick. Oh god oh god..."

Virgil was fretting to conjure a mouth thermometer and summoned a stuffed puppy dog doll that Patton got for Virgil but Virgil demanded they share because Virgil wasn't ready for a real pet or imagination child yet. He shoved the stuffed dog into Patton's arms while he let the thermometer fall into the fun father figure's mouth. Virgil tucked him into the blankets tightly and conjured another blanket with hearts and stormclouds embedded into it with an alternating pattern. Patton was about to protest but Virgil began pacing around his room with his arms crossed. He won't listen. He's in his own head right now. The thermometer beeped and Virgil hurried over. His shriek was something ghastly, putting Talyn's scream to shame.

"One hundred three degrees!"

Yes, it's in Fahrenheit. Celsius users don't freak out he isn't on fire. Thomas lives in Florida, America. We use Fahrenheit. Don't even make the salty comment. Patton laughed apologetically and guiltily. Oopsie. He thought he was only at ninety nine. At least, that's what it was a few hours ago. Maybe he should have taken that DayQuil? Who knows. Virgil ran out of the room and came back with a small cup of medicine with an orange liquid inside. Patton can't really swallow pills, especially one as huge as a DayQuil pill. It made him a bit happy inside that Virgil remembered that small detail about him. Virgil lifted Patton up and brought the cup up to his lips. His expression was soft, but his eyes were so spastic it was hard to believe it wasn't no photoshopped to be like that.

"Here, drink this."

Patton has had enough. He doesn't want Virgil stressing out this much over him. Patton took the little medicine cup and gulped. He hated the taste of medicine. But for Virgil he sucked it up and downed it like a shot of mouthwash, but unlike mouthwash he didn't swish it all around town and he actually swallowed it. Patton placed the cup on the little bedside table he had. Patton noticed Virgil was sitting on the side of his bed, struggling to stay calm. Patton was definately weak, but he was only physically weak. He can still be emotionally and mentally strong for Virgil. Patton took the poor anxious boy's hands and flashed him a weak smile.

"Virgil, don't stress out too much. You don't have to go overboard and cause yourself to have a panic attack over me. If you're just here with me and get me something when I ask thst would be just perfect. We can have a movie day! But no kisses because I don't wanna get you sick. Only cuddles between blankets."

Patton watched his eyes soften and his shoulders relax. That must have sounded nice. Patton thought of that last bit on the spot, but he didn't mind! Disney Movie marathon days! Sure, Roman will be jealous if he finds out, but Patton and Virgil have to watch Mary Poppins and the new Mary Poppins Returns! Lin Manuel Miranda is a genius! Virgil let out a long sigh and conjured a television and a remote to go with it. Virgil mud took have known exactly what Patton wanted, because the movie was already on. Patton snuggled under his blankets and Virgil at next to him. Patton leaned on Virgil's shoulder and was very careful not to cough or sneeze on him.

Yeah. Perfect sick day.

1009

Wow, I barely met my quota lol. Yay me!

Everyone deserves a sick day. People get sick. Period. It's okay to let yourself get lazy. It's okay to feel gross and want to take a shower every fifteen minutes. It's okay to not be comfortable and always be hot or cold. That's just sick. Everybody gets it. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva