Love Letters [Roceit] (Modern AU)

I've never had a prompt and not had a ship for it, but it happened today. I asked Pengi11 for a suggestion so you can thank her for this oneshot! Are you all ready?

It's STORYTIME!

In the small village of Serendipity, a man with the most charming smile and charismatic demeanor loved. Women loved him, men loved him, and Non-Gender Conforming people loved him. He was the most romantic and polite man you'd ever meet. He'd treat anybody right if they were his. However, every single person who had ever taken an advance on this man had been shut down. Even so, he makes advances on others often. His flirtatious personality cannot be contained. So why? Why won't he find someone to love and be open to a relationship?

The answer to that question is simple. This man has his heart set on one. This man that we've been talking about is named Roman Aphrodite, and he has his heart set on a man named Desmond Jessie-James (parents divorced and agreed to keep both names), but he is known as Dee Dee to those close to him and known as Deceit to all of his enemies, because he is a man who has several secrets. Roman found himself pining for this mysterious mustard yellow aestheticed man. He found himself thinking of him late at night. What if he could share the mystery? Be a part of his life? It was all so exciting to him. Roman couldn't contain it.

Slowly, Roman had integrated himself into Desmond's life. He had stsrted playfully flirting with him, pleasantly surprised when he got a positive reaction and some play flirting back. They became good friends, and Roman fell even harder. Dee Dee had extended the nickname to him and had explained his dream job and future to him. Plus he's also super gay, just like Roman. See, Dee Dee wanted to work for the FBI, CIA, or for some sort of government agency. He knew he wouldn't have much time for love, but would love to find it and have a small family. He wanted to retire in the countryside and have loads of grandchildren who loved him. His biggest dream was for a stable family, unlike the one he ran away from. Roman was determined to provide it for him.

It was three in the morning, the witching hour. Roman had a pen in his hand and he was trying to figure out something to write. He was a creative man with an aspiring dream to be an author, poet, or songwriter. A good balance and opposite to his crush's dream job. Roman had taken enough of this just friends nonsense and wanted to show Dee Dee that the future he dreamed of could be a reality if only he married and loved Roman. But how should he illustrate this idea with words? Roman needs to summon his inner Alexander Hamilton and began writing. Once he stsrted, he didn't stop until his rough draft was complete.

Dear Desmond, my Diamond in the rough.

With all the time we have spent together, I have grown most fond of your company. My heart sets aflame when looking at you and I cannot bear the urge to kiss you passionately and tell you hoe much I love you whenever I see your sparkling golden eyes. All too often I hear of your plans for the future and your deep desire for a family. With the warmth in my bosom and the widest of smiles on my face, I would be more than happy to provide that sort of thing for you. Adopting three wonderful children, raising them well, earning enough money for them, and have myself with a career or even no career if you'd prefer to spend time with them during whatever absence you must have. It would bring my the greatest joy in the world if you could take my hand and become mine for eternity, even if we must wait for you to Be one hundred percent ready to bound ourselves together with vows. I adore thee. I love thee. I wish for thee to be mine.

Humbly and Admiringly yours,

Roman Michael Aphrodite 

Roman bunched the paper in his hands. No, that was too old fashioned. Dee Dee would not appreciate it. He's a modern man. A technology man. He doesn't like Shakespeare, he likes Shel Silverstein and Reneé Dominique. Roman groaned and looked at his clock. It took thirty mi utes just to write that one rough draft?! Roman knows that Dee Dee wakes up every morning at five, and he wanted to get the letter over at his house a few blocks away before he woke up, so he had to think of something good really fast. He doesn't want to be caught up in the storm when he gets the letter. Roman, with his lips pursed and full creativity tapped, he began writing once more.

Dearest Desmond,

I cannot hold it in any longer. I love you. Every time you speak of a warm future of family, happiness, answer pursuing your dreams I cannot help but grow a deeper admiration for you. You have goals, you're headstrong, you're intelligent, I cannot help but dream of finding some place for myself in your life. You say on and on a relationship would need worm and trust with the career path you've chosen for yourself, and I am more than willing to be right there with you. You are the dream future I want. We can adopt children, get a cat, grow old, and live in the countryside. Everything you want. I just want to be with you every step of the way. If you would allow me, I want to be your partner in this life.

Forever yours,

Roman M. Aphrodite.

That would have to work, even though the writing was weak. Roman grabbed the letter and a jacket and rushed out of his bedroom, not bothering to change. He snatched his keys off of the front table and didn't even bother to lock the door. It was four o'clock. He wanted to be gone and back home before Dee Dee even knew he was there. Roman hopped into his Subaru and started it, putting the letter and the golden flowers he bought exclusively for Dee Dee in the passenger's seat, and he went on his way.

Before long, Roman made it to Dee Dee's doorstep. He sighed in relief when he saw the porch lights were off. Roman forgot all about the camera he had installed on his porch with night vision and he walked up with the flowers and note. It's not like it would matter. He signed the letter anyways. He crouched down and set the note down first, the flowers on top so it doesn't flutter away if a gust of breeze decided to be a bitch. Roman took a deep breath and looked at Dee Dee's door. He was really doing this. He smiled, his face growing a little warmer. At the chance that Dee Dee felt the same way, he could live in his dream. He could kiss and love on Dee Dee all he wants. And that's all the matters. Roman turned around, heading back home.

It was all he could do anyways.

1206 Words

Bonus Ending

Dee Dee woke up to a notification on his phone that someone went to his front door. Curious, he sat up and checked the phootage his secret camera recorded. Roman? What was he doing here? And why flowers? Drowsily, Dee Dee stood up. He didn't bother putting on his shirt or any pants and he walked out of his bed to the front door to see if everything was still there. Don't give me that look, readers! He still sleeps in boxers! Perverts... Dee Dee opened the door and sure enough, the golden flowers were there. He chuckled and picked them up. That's when he noticed the paper. Even more curious to Roman's intentions, he picked that up as well and scanned over the neat cursive writing.

Dee Dee found hm flustered before he knew it. He stepped outside, forgetting that shame was a thing, and looked around for his skim red car. No sign of him. Dee Dee looked back at the flowers and note in his arms. He smiled warmly. A future with Roman... the only detail he left out in his dream plan when explaining it to him. He returned inside to put the flowers in a vase and hang up the note on his wall. He's definately going to want to keep that for future reference in case little mister romance bails on him. After all that was done, he picked up his phone and sent his beloved a text message.

Dee Dee: Come over to my house later. I think my Prince Charming is much overdo for his Thank You Kiss~

1471 Words

It's shorter than what I've been doing recently, but it's kinda cute. I'm pretty on the fence with how this turned out. Can I get some feed back please? Thanks.

I feel like I'm getting super duper repetitive with my advice recently so I'm just going to let you go with these words: The first step to loving others is loving yourself

Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva