Innocence [Analogical] (Courtroom AU)

What happens when a Defense Attorney falls in love with their defendant? On a murder trial? Tune in to find out.

STORYTIME!

Damn. Damn it all. This trial isn't going well in Logan's favor and the defendant is having a hard time keeping it together. He knows damn well his defendant is innocent. Virgil had a hard time killing a mosquito when asked to. There was an intermission for everyone to calm down and regroup halfway through the case. Virgil was hugging himself and breathing heavily. It made Logan grow suspicious of him having some sort of asthma. Logan needs to calm this attractive, panicking man down so that they could go on with the case.

"Virgil, relax. I won't let them call you guilty of a murder you didn't care comit."

Virgil kept breathing hard. He was fumbling around in his pockets, refusing to meet his lawyer's eyes. Logan saw the purple hued inhaler. Virgil is struggling to keep in in his mouth and get a puff. Just as he expected. Logan needs to calm him down. He needs to relax before his bronchiolespasms cease and he can think clearly. Logan grabbed him by the shoulders, forcing him to flinch and drop his inhaler. Virgil stared right into Logan's eyes. Logan understood. Virgil doesn't have asthma, He has anxiety.

"Virgil. Breathe. Calm down."

He's not calming down. He's trying though. Logan needs to get him to stop breathing as if into a brown paper bag. He needs to stop thinking about his quick pace entirely. How should Logan do that? Virgil didn't want to look in Logan's eyes. Damnit, why wouldn't he look in his eyes?! What's a good way to get someone to halt their breathing and calm down? There's one way that his college roommate showed him through Disney movies. Now, if it works in real life he will owe Roman a lot of money...

Logan suddenly brought Virgil close and kissed him. Hard. Virgil did as Logan anting, taking a sharp inhale and holding his breath. Good thing there's nobody else in here except the two of them, or else this would look really bad. Logan let Virgil go, staring at the extremely flustered defendant. He didn't wipe his mouth away, he just pressed his bottom lip woth two fingers and stared at Logan. Logan watched his chest heave up and down at a steady pace. Good. That's good.

"Now that I have your attention I need you to focus. The reason why we couldn't prove you innocent is because you didn't tell the court your relationship with both the victim and the witness.  Set your emotions aside and please tell me so I can prove to them court you didn't murder your best friend."

The way Logan said that so calm was unsettling, even to him. Virgil started getting tears in his eyes. Logan normally Is a man who doesn't give a shit about how someone feels, but for some reason he felt his heart drop just watching the tear roll down his cheek. That man at the witness's stand kept grinning at Virgil. It was horrible. Every word seemed to be a lie, but getting him to say the truth without help is the most challenging thing ever. Logan reached forward and wiped the tear away from Virgil, keeping his stone cold face composed as Virgil shakily answers.

"Dee Dee is my ex. Abusive ex. We ended it maybe a month ago? He kept sending me horrible texts so I blocked him. He wasn't supposed to know who Patton is. I would have never... Attorney Sanders, I miss him. I want my best friend back. I don't want to see him again. I can't bring myself to even look at him again without feeling so vaunerable. I need to be protected from him..."

Abusive ex boyfriend who kills someone close to their victim to bring them back. Sounds like a horrible movie cliché. Virgi, started shaking and his breathing started to quicken again. Another panic attack? Virgil needs to be calmed down. Does Logan need to kiss him again? Virgil seemed to solve the problem himself and he leaned against Logan, taking Logan's hands and wrapping his arms around him. Ah, yes. Hugs are known to be beneficial to helping calm down panic attacks.

"I will protect you. I won't let that man touch you, Alright? Just please don't let your anxiety get the better of you."

He seemed surprised that Logan figured out about his anxiety so fast. Logan decided that another kiss would be good. Logan felt like he wanted to. Logan kisses the top of his head and noticed a pair of eyes staring through his back. Logan whipped his head around. The witness?! What was he doing in here!? Logan simply flicked up his blazer to reveal the gun on his belt. The man slinked back into the shadows. Logan looked back at Virgil, who had his face burried in his chest. Good, he didn't see him.

"We have around five more minutes, Virgil. I want you to sit down on that couch and breathe. I want you to be calm, cool, and collected. I want you to be prepared to go back into that courtroom and be proved innocent."

Virgil nodded and left Logan's embrace, sitting down after getting himself a quick drink of water. Logan glared down the spot where he saw the witness. Nothing. That man I saw most likely guilty. Probability at a factor of 85% in Logan's favor. Logan walked back over the couch, sitting down next to Virgil. He needs to think of a game plan. He needs to think of evidence to use. 

He needs to prove that Virgil is not guilty.

944 Words

Sorry for being a bit short. I'm kinda not in a good mood. I'm super tired lol. I'm sorry.

~Eva