Long drive

"So, any place you wanna go?"

"Yup"

"Okay then. Where?"

"My apartment"

"Tired?"

"Somewhat"

"Let's go then", Lou said and raised her hand for a cab.

"Can we walk?"

"You wanna walk?"

"Yeah"

"Hmm... Fine. But it's cold. I forgot my coat in my car"

"Same here. Mine too in my car"

"So, we want to walk in this freezing weather"

Debbie laughed. "Something like that"

They walked along the street. Debbie was now feeling cold.

"If I was wearing a shirt, I would have given you my jacket"

"It's fine. I... am fine"

"Hold Miss Miller. She is warm"

Lou meant the teddy. Debbie however wrapped her hands around Lou.

"I meant the teddy", Lou said while taking the bag from departmental stores from Debbie's hand.

"You are Miller too. You mind if I hold you? And nope, if you say law suit, I am gonna kill you right here in the middle of the road"

Lou laughed. Debbie looked at her smiling.

"I won't mind. But you holding me won't help you get rid of cold. So, wait..."

Lou released herself from Debbie's hold. Debbie looked at her somewhat confused and... sad?

But then Lou lifted her left arm and Debbie smiled. She moved her arms inside Lou's jacket and wrapped around Lou's form. She also pressed herself on Lou. Her head rested on Lou's chest. She could feel Lou's abdominal muscles stiffen for a second and then relax through the vest coat. Lou didn't expect this. She thought Debbie would hug her over her jacket. Her left hand was still in air

"Are you trying to catch the cab or something?"

"Uh what?"

"Your hand is still in air"

"Oh", Lou wrapped her hand around Debbie's shoulder.

"Miss Miller is uncomfortable?", Debbie spoke against Lou's skin. She was indirectly speaking about Lou.

"Uh?"

"Miss Miller. You are holding her somewhat oddly"

Lou looked at her right hand. The teddy was loosely held, it almost touched the ground and the bag was about to spill its contents. Before it touched and got dirty, Lou lifted both the bag and teddy, and pressed the teddy against her side, which also slightly was against Debbie's side too.

They walked. Lou could feel Debbie's weight on her. Debbie was not bothered about the street ahead. She was reveling in this closeness. People around them didn't give a second glance now. None cares about anything.

They reached Lou's gym. Lou took her to the parking lot and Debbie released her.

"So... I guess you had fun?"

"Very much", Debbie said smiling.

Lou kept the teddy inside the car. She then waved at Debbie who was sitting in the driver's seat. Both didn't want the night to end. They wanted to spend more time with each other. Lou wanted to call Debbie inside so that they can drink and talk. But it's already 2 am. In three hours, Lou's gym starts. And if at all Debbie falls asleep, then when she wakes up, she won't be able to go home without facing many suspicious eyes in her gym. There might be unnecessary gossips.