Houston diaries - 2

For 4th round, Claire needed more preparation. Purely science and mathematics. Two subsections: first one for solving math, second for science. Debbie was preparing her for the same. It wasn't easy. The quiz was hard level and math and science aren't simple and small topics. Entire universe. Obviously, everything is science. So, Debbie had hard time shortlisting subjects and questions. Thankfully she already prepared more than 20 questionnaires for this particular round while in New York. She spent all her time focusing on Claire's preparation.

Lou on the other hand decided not to disturb. As much as she loves science, it's better to let them study on their own. And so, she decided to wander the city. Kevin joined her. They went to nearby places, looked around and Lou told the importance of those sites to Kevin. While returning, they ordered room service at the reception and then went to their suite where Debbie and Claire were busy.

"Angel, Debbie, take a break for a while"

"Yeah, two minutes aunt Lou"

Two minutes extended to 20 minutes. Lou and Kevin were having food while Debbie and Claire were studying.

"Guys, you can't skip dinner"

"Uhm...", Debbie hummed while Claire solved the 8th set of questions Debbie had prepared.

Lou sighed. Both Lou and Kevin were in same room as Debbie and Claire. It was their bedroom after all. They made sure to keep their voices low so as to not disturb the girls.

"The ice cream will melt", Kevin said. He had ordered Claire's favourite ice cream as a prize for clearing 3rd round.

"Let me get them", Lou said and went near the bed. "Ladies, food"

"Uhm..."

Lou had enough. She caught both Debbie and Claire by their hands. "Dinner. Now", she said, bit stern.

"In two minutes", Debbie replied.

"Nope. Not going to listen to that again", saying so, Lou pulled Debbie up.

"Lou, what the...", Debbie almost lost her balance while standing but Lou was fast. She had her hand around Debbie's waist and steadied her.

"Angel, you too", Lou said, pulling Claire, gently compared to Debbie. Claire whined but Lou didn't listen.

"Look, you two need to take a break. You guys are studying for last 4 hours. C'mon", she guided them near the table.

"But I have so much to study"

"You will. But you can't neglect food. Here", Lou fed Claire. "And you too", she said to Debbie.

Debbie looked at the salad Lou had ordered for her. She made faces but Lou didn't give a damn.

"You haven't been exercising for so many weeks now. As your trainer,  I can't let you eat high calories"

Debbie rolled her eyes. But she had no other choice but to eat. After their dinner, Debbie and Claire again went back to studying while Lou and Kevin took a walk in the garden and returned. Lou didn't disturb the busy girls. Instead, she showered and changed to her comfy t-shirt and track pants and slept, after wishing them goodnight.

She could however hear the questions Debbie was asking and her nerd brain wanted to answer so bad. But she had to control.

********

Meanwhile in New York

"God, you get drunk so easily", Tammy said chuckling. Both her and Daphne were sweeping Lou's liquor cabinet for last few days now.