A night of emotional closeness

"So..."

"So?"

"How's the coffee?"

"Okay"

"Okay? That's it?"

"Yup"

"Not gonna say whether it is tasty or not?"

"Not able to think of taste because my mind is preoccupied"

"In what?"

"I'm confused what is more boring? Your coffee? Or the coffee mug? Or these white walls? Or these pajamas? Or you?"

"Though I'm offended, just for today, I'll ignore what you said. Not ready to deal with cry-baby Lou Miller again"

"Hey, I'm not a cry-baby"

"Well, what I saw today, you are a cry-baby"

"I am not"

"Whatever you say Miller, I saw you crying"

"And I saw you begging for forgiveness"

"I didn't beg. I just tried to be civil"

"Whatever you say Miss Sea, I saw you begging", Lou mimicked Debbie with perfect American accent.

"For a millionth time, It's Ocean"

"Millionth time? If I'm not wrong, we only met thrice. If we had met million times, you wouldn't have made big fuss earlier"

Actually, I saw you seven times but you need not know that

"Well, in three meetings, you only called me Miss Sea"

"Don't lie. I also called you Debbie, Miss Ocean, Debbie Ocean once or twice. And also, hon once"

"So, you do remember my name"

"I do now. Afterall you are contributing to the source of my income now"

"That's the only reason you remember my name?"

"Nope. I also remember your name because you are the one who is eager to file lawsuit on me"

"Am I ever gonna live this down?"

"It happened like three hours ago!"

"Fine I'm sorry again. Friends?", Debbie offered her hand.

"Why? We are not close yet to be friends"

"C'mon, are you still angry? I apologised. What more you want to be my friend and get back to your playful self?"

Lou looked at Debbie. She was sincere. She thought she probably should let that argument go.

"Okay, but only if I get that bottle of Vodka", Lou pointed at the bottle in mini bar.

"Oh no. You're not drinking. You need to ride back. It's raining too. I don't want anything bad happen to you"

"Oh, Concerned?"

"Nope. Just... I don't wanna... I mean... Okay, fine I am concerned"

Lou smirked. Also, her heart is flying a little. She was slowly warming up back to her normal self.

"Okay, Friends", Lou extended her hand. Debbie almost shook it when Lou withdrew and waved it through her blonde hair and laughed.

"You fucker"

"Okay, Okay. Again", Lou said laughing.

"No need", Debbie said with mock annoyance, turning away from Lou so as to hide her smile.