Everyone has a backup plan

(A/n: the arguments in this chapter are right and wrong depending on the perception. I tried my best to touch on everyone's point of view. There might be inaccuracies, I apologise in advance

Also, the reason I am not letting Claire and Kevin have "fun" is because it's obvious they aren't 18 and legally they aren't supposed to. In a public platform, where people of different countries read the stories, I cannot write anything when it comes to these critical issues. It might hurt the feelings and/or beliefs of people. Worst case, influence.)

*********************

Tammy returned at around 9, her usual time. She was met by Debbie Ocean who, in turn was waiting for Lou; Daphne was there too, trying her best to convince Constance and Nine to take that whatever gadget she kept in the gaming room. Constance and Nine were speaking to Daphne via phone call. Daphne's angry face trick wasn't helping in the argument she was having with them. Her face was funny to look at and Debbie was trying not to focus and laugh on her so-called angry face.

It seemed Claire was in her room, chatting with Kevin. Claire was planning a lunch date next day, and trying to get a plan right so that Tammy will allow her. She'll obviously need Lou's help.

"But I don't want that stupid looking thing in my room", Daphne tried again

"It's not your room. It's Lou's room"

"I stay in that room now. It's mine"

"What?", Tammy spoke. Debbie and Daphne looked at her.

"Constance and Nine got new gaming system but they can't keep it in their apartment. There are already many systems, gadgets, experimental devices, prototypes and circuitry in most of the rooms. It's like a mini factory out there. And so, they kept this new system here in the gaming room and Daphne wants it removed"

"Oh. Constance and Nine are in same apartment now? I thought she spent her time there for the purpose of her project. Didn't know she lived there. Constance is being too close to her employer", Tammy laughed. "Nine didn't tell me this. I gotta pull her leg"

"It's not what you think"

"Excuse me?"

"Constance didn't pay her rent on time despite earning money through internship. Also, Lou wasn't here to monitor Constance, things went out of hand according to Nine. Constance had to move out of that place. And Nine had no other option but to take her in as roommate, rent-free; after roaming around the city for new place and failing miserably. It's hard to find a place that fulfills Constance's demands. She seems to follow Lou a lot"

"Oh. So, they aren't together? I can't pull Nine's leg? Man, I was so close to fucking fall face first in front of Nine. Ugh!"

"Not everyone is Daphne and you, Dr. Tamera Robinson. Nine and Constance are friends. Not friends with benefits. Some of them have relationship that are strictly platonic and definitely not interested in each other. Nine and Constance fall under that category. They are friends, with platonic feelings. Nothing else. Not all of Lou's close ones are having affairs behind her back", Debbie smirked and Tammy rolled her eyes.

"I'm not having affairs behind Lou's back. Wait, I am Lou's sister. That sounded so fucking..."

"Gross. But it's true that you are hiding your affair..."

"Fling"

"Fling from Lou. Lou's reaction will be priceless when she finds out her friend and colleague Daphne is fucking her sister"

"Whatever. It's my life. And I am having fun. I am living the life she lived all these years before she met you"

"You always lived this life, Tammy. Maybe not because of the same reasons Lou had for her pre-me life. But you too weren't committed to anyone"