Mingi ✦ Amusement Park

Start from the beginning

"I don't think I'm that good at it." You snorted.
"Sure you are."
"How was practice?" You questioned, changing the subject.
"Hard." He pouted. "But it wasn't too bad. We only practiced for two hours today even though we were doing a new routine. We just learned it last week and of course Yunho picked up the choreography right away. I don't know how he does it."
"I can't believe you had dance practice and still made plans to go to the amusement park."
"If I wanna see you or you wanna see me, I'll make it happen whether I have practice or not."
"This guy." You chuckled to yourself. "You ought to be resting."
"And miss out on a fun day at the amusement park with you? Not a chance."

After you finished getting ready, you grabbed the small bag you packed for the day and headed to the amusement park. The ride down there was fun, as usual. Part of it consisted of the both of you belting out song lyrics, the other half was Mingi sharing funny stories from practice that day. Some of those stories, while hilarious, made you wonder how those boys get any work done.

When you arrived at the theme park, you practically dragged Mingi out of the car and towards the line of people waiting to buy tickets.
"I'm so excited I can hardly wait." You squeaked, bouncing up and down.
"Me too." Mingi agreed, grabbing your hands as he started jumping up and down with you.
The two of you probably looked like idiots but you could care less. It had been a while since you last went to an amusement park so your overexcited and childlike behavior was warranted.

Mingi was kind enough to pay for both your admission fees when you got to the ticket booth. After paying, you each got a stamp on the back of your hands and walked through the front gates.
"Which ride should we go on first?" He asked while rubbing his hands together in anticipation, his eyes roaming excitedly around the park.
"How about the pirate ship? I like that one. Plus it's the closest ride so it would make a great starting point."
Mingi nodded eagerly and pulled you over to stand in line. To your luck, you made it onto the ride within a couple minutes, taking a seat on the far left side of the ride.
"I hear this is the best spot if you really wanna get the thrills." You mentioned as the safety bar came down over your laps.
Mingi was practically squirming with excitement as he watched the last few people board the ride. A few seconds after everyone was settled in, the ride started to move. The giant pirate ship lurched forward, then back, the movements repeating. With each pass it began to go higher and faster as it gained momentum.
"Waahh!" Mingi exclaimed joyfully as he raised his arms in the air.
Gleeful laughter bubbled in your throat at his behavior and you started yelling with him.
"Woohoo!" You cheered as the ride began to move forward, causing your hair to fly up wildly.
After a minute or so the ride started to slow down until it came to a complete stop and everyone was allowed to step off the ride. You and Mingi got out trying to fix each other's messy hair.

"I was thinking we could go on the carousel next." Mingi said. "It'll be a good buffer ride after the pirate ship."
"Good idea. Let's go."
With a destination in mind, the both of you headed across the amusement park to the carousel and you were just in time too, as the ride was slowing down and there was only a handful of people waiting to get on next.
You stepped up onto the platform and started walking around, perusing the selection of animals. You settled on a couple horses that were situated next to each other; yours was white with a turquoise seat and Mingi's was black with a red seat. Your horse had stopped while it was up higher, so it was a little bit of a struggle to hop on. Thankfully, Mingi was there to help out, grabbing your waist as he heaved you onto the plastic horse.
Once you were both situated, the carnival music started to play through the speakers at the center and the ride began to move.

You admired the park and other nearby rides as the carousel spun. The soft wind from the steady speed of the ride blew through your hair, soothing you. It was much calmer compared to the thrilling pirate ship you'd just gotten off of.
You glanced over to look at Mingi only to see him with his phone out, pointing it directly at you.
"Hey!" You shouted, covering your face causing Mingi to burst out in a fit of giggles.
"Sorry, you just looked so cute in your own little world."
You pressed your lips together, holding back a small smile.
"Okay. I'll let you off this time."