Always around~~ Starr

You sat at your kitchen table, kicking your feet pulling at the sleeve of your jacket, Ritchie hadn't been at school, he was almost always at school, he'd been looking awful lately and so cranky. He didn't seem okay, your mum walked into the kitchen looking a little distraught, she knelt text to you and holding onto your little shoulder, "Y/n hon," she whispered, "Ritchie isn't doing so well, he's gotten sick and he's in hospital love," you ran away, ducking under her arms. You grabbed your shoes and raincoat, then shot upstairs to grab a toy train out of your room for Ritchie, then you stopped to pull your shoes and coat on before grabbing a flower out of the vase on your night table and running back down.

  Your Mum ran to the base of the stairs looking worried, then saw you, ready to leave and her eyes softened "Oh hon, what are you doing?" she asked sympathetically, "I'm going to the hospital to get my Ritchie back," you replied as if she'd asked you the most useless question ever, "Oh no sunshine I'm afraid we can't go right now, he's... he's sleeping," you rolled your eyes and walked out the door, "I'm going mummy, you can come too," you said shutting the door, she scrambled to go after you.

  You two took the bus to the hospital, found your way to the children's ward, and found Ritchie, in a coma, but to you, he was only sleeping, Your mum greeted Ms.Starkey, and you went to his bedside to sit with him. Placing the toy train and the flower on hid table, climbing up onto his bed and removing your shoes. Mrs. Starkey let out a sob and strained sob, this was bad. You wrapped your arms around him and whispered,"Don't worry Ritchie, soon you'll be out of hospital and we can go to the park okay? Yeah, okay," you ran a tiny hand through his soft brown hair and kissed his head, then laid down onto the bed too.  Twenty minutes later your mum found you asleep on the bed with him.

  ~~~

 "Ritchie," you whispered, not wanting to wake him but wanting him awake, "Ritchie, please wake up ye' bloody fool," you mumbled once more, not prevailing. With a sigh you set the ruffled yellow flower in the vase, replacing the slightly wilted rose and pulled the note out of your backpack and stuck it to his forehead. With a kiss on his cheek and a slight shuffling sound he was the only one left in the room. 

 Stirring slightly he awoke from his slumber and was greeted by tape and a paper, he pulled it off of his head, slightly wincing at the sound of the tape and smiled. It was from y/n, she came every morning and stayed for ten minutes wether he was awake or not. He looked at the note with a grin; it read,                                  

" G'morning love, you were asleep this time, but I should be by after school. The rose was replaced marigold this time, I hope you like it. The garden is doing well so you have to come to see it as soon as you get out, okay? Alright I have to go so I'm not late.

love ye' idiot, 

Y/n,"

 He smiled and put it down, turning to see the fresh marigold, different from the flower you'd gotten him yesterday but he liked it all the same. It could've been the ugliest flower on the planet and he still would've loved it, as long as you'd brought it to him.

~~~

  You sat across from a sobbing beaten Ritchie, he'd gotten jumped by some dicks at your school and was trying for the life of him to get his breath under control. You hated seeing  your poor little man like this, it pained you greatly and just wasn't fair to the sweet chap. Pulling him close, you ran your fingers through his hair and whispers, " Who did this to you blue eyes?" He sobbed a bit, "It doesn't matter love, let it be," he whispered.

 It just made you so upset that anyone would dare lay a finger on him, "Who did this to you?" You asked again, this time a bit firmer in tone, "I-it was Oliver James and his friends, " he mumbled, you wiped a tear from his face and whispered, "C'mom love, let's get you to the nurse and take you home,"

 Whilst he was in the nurses office you went to find Oliver James, you where to have a word with him. Turning a corner with a glare framing your features,  you'd found them. As soon as they saw you they all burst into laughter, mocking, "Oh've ye come to defend your little bloke? What a silly mistake that was birdy!" 

  Then Oliver pulled you close to his face and whispered, "What's a pretty bird like you doing with a useless little bloke like him 'ey? I'll treat you better I swear," then he snaked  a hand around your waist, but you reacted quickly, punching him square in the jaw. Taking Oliver completely by suprise and knocking him over, his mates burst into laughter over him being hit by a bird. He just there, dumbfounded, then angry. 

 "Hope you enjoyed the show but I've gotta leave now!" You yelled behind you as you ran your arse off. Ritchie was just walking out of the nurses office as you returned, he saw the slightest hints of panic and achievement in your eye, "Oh bloody fucking hell y/n what'd he do?" He questioned rather loudly, panicking himself, "I punched Oliver James!" You shouted, "Ye did what? I... Ah! How...? Wow... Thank ye dumbass," he laughed after many panicked expressions had crossed his face.

 "I love ye Ritchie," you mumbled, he smiled and pulled you to him, kissing you softly and whispered, "I'd been hoping so, love ye too beautiful,"

~~~

 You smiled as Ritchie stood next to you, watching the waves roll onto the moon lit shore. He looked pale and squirmy, you knew what was about to happen, but tried to act oblivious, "So how was yer day love," you asked, 'cluelessly'.  He smiled and said, "It was good love, are Ye enjoying the beach?" With a cheeky grin you replied, "Yes it's beautiful," he looked down bashfully and mumbled, "That should make this easier," 

 He slid onto one knee, his beautiful blue eyes meeting yours, then with a  deep breath said, "Will you--" "Yes!" You shouted as you got down onto the sandy ground too, kissing him softly. He broke the kiss and finished, "Marry me?" You laughed and said, "Oh yeah of course," you both laughed then he whispered, "Ye knew didn't you?" You nodded, "John, George, and Paul have been sitting behind us on that bench with newspapers held to their faces for the last twenty minutes," you heard groans from behind you, "Yeah that was, Not supposed to happen!"  He yelled over your head and they burst into laughter, two 'sorry's and one 'It's not too late to change yer mind!' came from behind you.

  You pulled him close to you and whispered, "We're bloody getting married Ritchie," he smiled and whispered, "Thank ye for always being around, even when no one else cared," you looked into his eyes and smiles softly, you'd chosen well.

Sorry if this sucked but I tried, thx for reading. Love you all. Peace and love xoxo~~~ Pinapple McCartney