I could feel her glaring daggers into the side of my head and I knew if looks could kill I'd be dead.

She huffed and turned back to the crowd. "I do have a monster radar but it doesn't work once they've changed into a human."

"Ah, that's pointless then." I said squinting my eyes in the crowd.

So far nothing had seemed off. Everyone was dancing and laughing having an amazing time.

Only when I thought Artemis was full of crap about their being a monster in my midst is when I saw him, not him. It.

"Artemis, there." I said pointing to a tall man with long black hair.

I had never seen him at the school before and just as he was walking out the door, a barbed tail appeared out from underneath his suit coat just as the door closed behind him.

"Hey Ash, you wanna come hang out with us?" Hope asked from next to me. "You guys look like you could use some friends."

"Sorry Hope, I'm busy." I said as I pulled my tie loose and took my coat off dropping them both on the floor.

I summoned Stormcaster and headed for the door.

Artemis ripped part of her dress up her leg so she had more mobility. Her bow materialized in her hand and had an arrow nocked and ready.

We headed out the door and into the room next to it. It was the boys locker room.

"Alright kitty cat time to come out." I yelled banging my fist against the locker.

"Ah, the children of Zeus just my type." The boy said licking his lips as he began to turn into his full form.

Three heads sprouted on top of the shoulder of the lion body. A lion, a dragon, and a goats while the back half of his body was a goats and it had the tail and wings of a dragon.

I was stunned and didn't the see the creature barreling toward me.

Artemis rolled out of the way.

The Chimera crashed into my chest sending both of us through the wall and into the gymnasium.

The music stopped and students ran in all directions screaming.

My dress shirt had rips in it and I was bleeding from where the lion claws had scratched at my chest.

The Chimera lunged again, this time I was ready. I rolled and sliced down on the dragon head slicing it clean off.

The Chimera roared in pain and lunged again but was thrown to the side as a silver arrow pierced its side sending it into the group.

I was quick to slice off its wings and the goat head before it got back up ready to fight again.

"Shoot it again." I said to her.

She released another arrow catching it in the kneecap as it started forward. It stumbled and wobbled around.

The Chimera jumped with one final strike.

I rolled underneath and came up on the other side slicing its tail off.

The Chimera thudded to the ground and Artemis was immediately on top of the beast.

She released the arrow she had nocked straight into the back of its head causing an explosion of golden dust.

"What the hell was that?" Landon asked as him, Hope, and Olivia ran over to us.

"That was a Chimera, Mr. Kirby." Artemis said as she brushed herself off.

"Who are you?" Hope asked in awe.

"I'm Achilles's sister, I go by Artemis." She said.

I chuckled as all three mouths dropped.

A loud smack rang out across the gymnasium as Olivia slapped me across the face.

"Why didn't you just tell us that?"

"Because we didn't need the Chimera knowing that we were after it." I said to them.

"You're a Goddess. Oh my god, that is so awesome." Landon said squealing like a fan girl.

"One thing is for sure. Salvatore homecomings are one of a kind." I said crossing my arms.

"Close your eyes if you want to survive." Artemis said to us.

Everyone looked at me confused as Artemis started to glow a blinding silver light.

"Yeah I'd close your eyes."

With a brilliant silver light Artemis was gone.