3. Invite him for dinner

Hazel

I was like a blue streak in returning back home after the dating session. I needed to mentally resume what is going on and to apprehend what's wrong with my story. But still, Wattpad is abnormally not responding. So only Lia can make sense of the situation.

And I'm still trying right now, but her damn phone is on voicemail. Why did I decide to send my best friend to her grandma in my story? On top of that, in a far away village!

Me: Call me. I need you.

I send Lia this message, throws Thomas's egocentric ring in my jewelry box, before going downstairs for dinner.

"Let me guess, Indian cuisine tonight." I declare as I step in the kitchen.

I bet I'm right.

My mother, who was distributing some plates on the table, stops and gapes at me. "How do you know?"

Indeed, I win.

"Just guessed." I fake a smile.

My mum shrugs, before she resumes serving the food. Like I wrote in my book, mouthwatering Indian cuisine. Unfortunately, the piercing aroma isn't strong enough to wet my appetite tonight. I'm not in a state to swallow anything. My throat is already choked with a lump of jitter.

I can't fathom if it's a dream or reality. Are all this linked with the fact that Lia and I hacked Wattpad last night?

I'm wholly at sea.

I plop down on a chair, both my body and mind feeble due to this dilemma. But my pensive state is soon interrupted when the main door is suddenly slammed. And I know who just entered the house.

My dear step-sister.

The typical clicking sound of her heels sharpened as she walks to the kitchen.

Tossing her hair, she steps in the room. Lexi is a tall blond with an oblong face, angular cheekbones and wide set of grey eyes, enough to make every guy fall for her and grow their appetite with her curvaceous body.

She is decked in a sexy mini choker red dress, dolled up with matching suede lace-up platform heels. Her face is glowing due to the exaggerated use of makeups, and the tips of her hair are slightly curled for a glamour effect.

It's her routine look, nothing special.

"We got a new neighbour!" She abruptly exclaims excitedly, her ashen-grey eyes wide. "And he is such a hottie."

I begin to choke at her words, loud and dry.

I swiftly grab a glass of water which was displayed on the table, and guzzle the liquid up. But I urgently move the glass away, and cough several times, like I'm gonna die from it.

The events are proceeding definitely like in the story. Dinner time, where Lexi gets home and says that she has invited Erden. Then there will be a knock at the door. And obviously it will be...

No, no, no.

This can't happen!

How can someone who does not actually exist come to life?

I'm turning mad for sure.

"Are you alright, sweetie?" My mother enquires concernedly.

I clear my throat to reply but Lexi steals the speech. "Don't need to be embarrassed. You already have Thomas, Hazel." The blond winks demonically at me, before she seats herself in front of me.

She dared. It would be fruitless to tell everyone that Thomas and I are dating when we still act as friends.

"He is not my-"

"Boyfriend?" A hoarse voice cuts me off. Startled, my head immediately turns to the voice. I breathe a sigh of relief. It's only my step-father, Leon Parker, who just entered the kitchen. I'm fecklessly freaked out about Erden. It's after all ludicrous that my book brings someone to life.

My mother and Leon glance at each other suspiciously.

"He is only my friend." I claim, giving the couple a bogus smile. "Lexi always taunts me by saying that we are dating. Isn't it sista?" I rivet at the blond, fluttering my eyelashes, my eyes fixing her voraciously, promising requite.

"Of course, my love." she approves in an amiable tone and then contorts her pouty lips into a disdainful smile. Lexi and I always play the adorable siblings in front of our parents, for the sake of their happiness. They don't grasp that malignity between us.

"I've invited the new neighbour for dinner. The poor guy is alone over there." Lexi informs her father as he sits beside her. My face screws up into a heating machine.

Lexi telling us that she has invited Erden is the last step before he appears in the flesh. What if I ask Lexi about the guest? Maybe my doubts will be cleared.

No Hazel. You don't have to. Erden definitely can't be real!

"What did I tell you about your relations with guys?" Leon asks with furrowed brows.

Lexi's eyes roll skyward.

"Argh daddy. You know, I only focus on my popularity," she chuckles. "Not on dicks."

Bitch please. You change men more often than you do for your panties.

I know this gonna end into a cat and dog fight, so I better remain zipped.

After a few minutes, all we can hear is the masticating sound made by three hungry mouths. Everyone is speechless, too busy devouring the palatable food, except me.

I am staring blankly at my plate, my mind alerted to any sound made by the door. I'm so agitated that my feet are uncontrollably quavering under the table. I know that at any second, Erden can show up. I am conscious that this is absurd, still my mind won't be at peace until that new neighbour blo-

"Stop dreaming, Hazel!" I shot up in the chair at my mum's order. I promptly look at her, dazed. She seems baffled of my reaction, just as Leon and Lexi.

Shit. I'm acting crazy.

"Sorry..." I forcibly murmur and lower my gaze to look abashedly at my plate.

Time to eat this before they think that I'm going through a breakup. But just as I am about to take a spoon of the food, there is a loud knock at the door.

I freeze on the spot.

Erden.

(ಠ‿ಠ)

Hello loves, how are you?😊

So, was it Erden or not?😜

Don't miss the next chapter to find out!❤

And describe Lexi in one word😛:

See you soon😘