59. Goodbye My Life

Please play the music above while reading this chapter. ⇧

"I-I write that you pass away at 2 a.m.?" My lips tremble as I ask for confirmation.

Erden nods hesitantly, breathing hardly. Listening to him, I scaringly write that he passed away in his sleep at 2 a.m. on the 29th June.

It's nearly 1 a.m. The 100th draft is ready. Erden and I spent the last 99th day saying goodbye. We did everything for a last time. A last surprise breakfast, a last dance, a last movie marathon, last sex, last candlelight dinner, last kisses and now, it's the last time we are seeing each other.

"Y-You can go to sleep, I will publish it." A cold shiver hits my back as I tell him so.

He raises a brow. "Are you sure?"

"Y-Yess I'm." I gulp, fiddling with my fingers.

"Oh, I want you to keep this." He says, removing his thick leather jacket. My eyes narrow in confusion. His arms are now at full exhibition. Huffing, I take a glance at his forearm. The tattoo has almost completely disappeared, only a few traces of the black and ruby-red ink is left. It renders me more sick.

"Whenever you miss me you can wear it, it will slightly make you feel that I'm hugging you." Erden winces as he places the jacket on the bed beside us.

My vision turns bleary on hearing him.

"S-some people usually tell their loved ones that they will see them again in the hereafter." I burst into tears, my heart aching. "I-I can't even say that to you, Erden!"

He immediately pulls me into a hug and embraces me tightly, burying his face in my neck. "I-I love you so much, Hazel." He cries out, sobbing loudly.

"I-I love you too, Erden." I wobble, my hand clasping firmly around his back. I don't want to let him go. "I still can't believe it."

"Hey, hey." He pulls out of the hug and holds my face between his hand. "You will be able to make it, don't give up on yourself." He is looking deeply into my eyes, searching for affirmation.

I slowly shake my head, attempting to heed his words.

"Live your life. Be happy. Don't stop writing. You are so talented." He says wholeheartedly, wiping my tears with his thumbs. "I'm pretty sure that you will become a successful author due to your hard work."

He succeeds to put a small smile on my face.

"Also, don't let any guy break your heart. Fall in love with someone who sees the gem you're." He states determinedly. I shake my head again, though I don't want anyone else but him.

He beams faintly, still weepy. "A-and don't forget my wish." He reminds me of naming my son after him one day.

I nod vigorously, tracing my finger on the sharp line of his jaw. "Count on me."

Pleased, he slowly pecks my lips. I close my eyes and kiss him back delicately, savoring a last time the taste of his lips. He steadily pulls out of the kiss and presses his forehead against mine, gazing into my eyes.

His magnetic turquoise-coloured eyes will always be engraved in my mind.

With that, he slowly wakes up from the bed and sluggishly makes his way out of the room. Everything has as if suddenly slowed down. A wave of sorrow is climbing up my throat as I watch him moving away from me. Before he passes through the door, he looks back at me a last time. My heart sinks. His lips stretch into a gloomy wide smile, his electrifying gaze penetrating my soul a last time. With all the strength left in me, I try to smile back at him. Glad that I responded, he then passes through the door and disappears. I remain frozen on the bed, staring blankly at the door.