4. Erden Or Not

Just as I am about to take a spoon of the food, there is a loud knock at the door.

I freeze on the spot.

Erden.

I close my eyes, attempting to catch my breath. My heavy heartbeats aren't helping either.

"I'm going to open!" Lexi rushes out of the kitchen, sprinting to the entrance door.

This can't happen. I need to get out of here.

"I'm not well." I excuse myself, gasping for air. "I'm going in my room." Instantly, I leave the table, hustling to the stairs out of cowardice.

"But our neighbour?" My mum asks, the annoyance in her tone clearly audible.

"I will say hi when I see him tomorrow!" I yell, loud enough for them to hear before running up the stairs to my room.

Like a shot, I open the door of my bedroom, and jump on the bed, sprawling myself snugly. I find myself staring at the white ceiling. My mind finally gets a breath of fresh air. But millions of questions rove around.

Is Erden the one who just knocked at the door like in my story? The badboy got out of Wattpad right?

No, no, no.

What's wrong with me? I'm
becoming mad for sure. I need to talk to someone, but who? Lia has not yet called me back, and Thomas will never believe a word of all this. How can things get better?

I pant heavily when some chortles drag my attention. What's going on? Getting off the bed, I tiptoe to the door of my room and bend an ear to what's happening downstairs. Discourteous or not, I am obliged.

"Next time for sure, Mrs. Parker, it's just that I'm not yet finished with putting all my stuffs away." A deep and sultry voice declares. The tone was so husky that it gave thrills all the way down my body. Surely the voice of the new neighbour. It however brings to my mind the same voice which I usually dream of Erden's.

My thoughts are shaken off when my mother says to the mysterious guy, "Our door is always open to you. If you need something, don't hesitate."

Argh. I'm getting sick of all those politeness.

"Thank you." He responds, agreeably. "So good night all of you."

Bon débarras.

"Good night, Erden." My mother replies him back.

My heart skips a beat.

Did she just say Erden?

Did I hear properly?

I shake my head. God. I'm turning crazy. I only have my book and Erden on my mind.

As the door clicked shut, Lexi sings out. "He is so charming."

My eyes roll skywards. I wonder how he looks like.

Three hours later

It's almost midnight and I've not yet changed into my pajamas. I was struggling to use Wattpad and I'm continuing. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times, but still nothing. Wattpad has not responded since this morning. The app still crashes down right as I click on it. Even the website is not available.

It's as if Wattpad no longer exists.

I'm more and more dubious that all these are linked to the Wattpad hacking. Did I disrupt the Wattpad's mechanism? But how is this logical?