43. My personal number

Hazel

Love

Love is something inexplicable.

Inexplicable where it's out of your control.

The crave.

The emotions.

The touches.

The dreams.

The memories.

But like a thunderbolt, love can destroy you.

Love can be one-sided.

A game.

Toxic.

An ocean full of secrets.

Just like Erden's eyes.

The light breeze caresses my face, which reminds me that I need to breathe. I exhale deeply, but I'm still suffocating. Like a lifeless body, I've been sitting on a bench at the park all alone. I don't know how long it has been. But I had noticed that the clouds have been painted in ever-changing colors, from white to bright orange, to hot pink as the sun has made his long trip to finally set at the actual moment.

Apart from that, it feels impossible to stop thinking about Erden. His beautiful face, the taste of his lips, his warm touches, our dreamy moments. There are many. Too many to forget. The first time I hugged him when he saved me from that drunkard. The first time we kissed in his car in the parking lot. The numerous amazing bike rides. Our cuddles when watching movies. The photoshoot session in the field of flowers. Our picnic at the waterfall. And so much more. I also remember the first time we talked to each other. It was at the main door of his house. And today, our story has ended there.

How can all this be a game to him?

My hands come to clog my mouth as I howl out the excruciating pain of my torn heart, tears streaming down my face again.

How can he still manage to deceive me with his words? How can he expect me to trust him in such a situation? When he refused to explain to me anything? But that would be useless as well. I don't want to listen to his lies. Erden wanted to confess something tomorrow. There is obviously something he is hiding.

In less than two months, he has shattered my life.

I've lost my family as well because of him. How will I be able to look at them in the face again? How will they believe that everything was an enormous misunderstanding. And that I was trapped by this bastard. But I lost their tru-

"M-miss Everster?" A soft, yet manly voice suddenly calls.

My head rapidly flicks to the right, looking up. A tall blonde with blue eyes, garbed in a black suit, is staring at me. I never thought I will see him again in my life. "Ah, it's really you." A wide smile appears on his face, comfortably taking a seat beside me. "I thought I've mistaken."

I quickly wipe off the tears with my hands, feeling uneasy at the horrible state my face must be right now. "Austin?" Shaking my head, I rapidly rectify. "I mean, Mister Austin."

A small laugh escapes him. "We can be on first name basis." He winks, extending me his hand to shake.

Pleased by his courtesy, I shake his hand, his touch soft but kinda cold. "Hazel."

His taupe-coloured brows shot up, impressed. "The first thing your mom said when you opened your eyes for the first time was," he snaps his fingers in certainty. "Let's name her Hazel."

"Were you there?" I josh sarcastically, astonished at how right he is.

He chuckles, gazing into my eyes. "No...the colour of your eyes is really capturing."