55. A ride through the storm

The sun has just set in its yellowish-red light. The sand feels still warm as our feet are digging in it. Erden and I are strolling along the beach hand in hand, appreciating the sound of the waves, and the feel of the chilly breeze. It's getting cold by now as night is falling. Erden was right when he said I should take my jacket. He as usual, has sharpened his badboy's style by putting on his thick black leather jacket.

Erden and I have spent the best, memorable moments the last two weeks. I'm staying at his place for the fifty days left. Though my parents didn't like the idea, they did an exception because they know that I only want to enjoy his company while he is still alive. It was already hard for them to believe that Erden was a fictional character who came to life. But they are trying to live along with it.

Erden doesn't want to disrupt my academic performance, so he keeps going to school. He wants to continue his normal routine to feel 'normal and alive.'

I've realized that it's so fun to live together as a couple. We clean, learn and do everything together. Every day after classes, we try a new place to eat there, or we cook something new at home itself. At night, we binge some TV shows while cuddling or making out. We sometimes go for long drives and visit some most beautiful places. Of course, I photograph everything so that I can look at them when I will miss Erden. One time we even went to a club and danced all night while being drunk AF. The same night, we laid on a beach and talked for several hours under the stars. We cried our heart out at our misfortune and mourn over the fact that all this will soon end.

If only he could last forever.

"If you don't stop overthinking..." All of a sudden, a pair of arms wrap around my waist and instantly lift me up. I gasp in surprise, my eyes widening. "I will throw you into the water!" Erden laughs out loud and turns me around, my feet hanging in the air. I cry out in stupefaction, but also in amusement. We are both guffawing like crazy as he rotates me a few times more, before placing me back on my feet.

"God Erden!" I cackle, holding his arms for support as I stand back properly. "What's wrong with you!"

He is still chortling while catching his breath. "I-I want your brain to stop working and relax!" He tells me sincerely, beaming caringly.

My smile promptly carves into a frown on hearing him. "I know I should..." Feeling slightly uneasy, I look down at the sand, then back at his face. "But I can't stop worrying about you."

A piteous gleam appears in his eyes. "I will be petrified as well if I think too much." His hand reaches for my face. "That's why I'm just living the moment..." Erden caresses my cheek, trying to assure me." With you."

I can't retain a smile at his words. He is definitely right.

Erden giggles and comforts me by wrapping his calloused arms around my back, pulling me into an embrace. I keep a firm grip on him and clutch the back of his jacket. Whose arms will soothe my soul after him?

Argh, I'm doing it again.

I decide to listen to Erden and enjoy this moment. I close my eyes, mesmerizing myself into this hug. His powerful, large arms provide me with relief and makes everything around us fade away. Just what I needed to forget my worries. After some seconds, he then pulls back and kisses me softly on the forehead.

At that moment, I just want to thank him. But the thunder suddenly groans fiercely, and I jump on Erden in surprise. We both laugh at my cowardliness and look up at the sky. Big, dark clouds pile one atop the other, are approaching impressively.

"A storm is coming." Erden says, observing the ashen sky. "It's preferable to go home."

Afterwards, we put our shoes and immediately head to his bike. As I hop on the motorcycle, big drops of rain start crashing on us. Erden looks at me above his shoulder. "Hold on to me tightly. It's gonna be rough ahead." I obey and glide my arms on his stomach till my hands rest firmly on his hard chest. Erden begins the drive as he sees that I'm holding onto him tightly.

It's already dark, and the roads are dimly lit due to insufficient lighting from the lampposts. Heavy rain is pouring and in less than two minutes, we are soaked to the bones. When the torrential rain become persistent, Erden slows down to slide up his tinted visor, as he is not seeing properly. After he's done, he accelerates, and the motorcycle roars, vibrating outrageously across the desolate roads with high screeches at every turn. My adrenaline is racing at that instant. Not in fear, but amazed by this unique moment. Thrilling lightnings are flashing around us like neon lights in the sky as we drive through the storm.

Why is it always so filmy with Erden?

Suddenly, the thunder groans angrily. I shriek, and my hands tighten harder on Erden's jacket as if my life depends on it. I can feel his stomach faintly shaking as he is grinning secretly.

"Don't be scared!" He rather says out loud, enough for me to hear. "Nothing will happen to you. I'm here." He tells me promisingly.

I know.

I realise that my hands are still holding Erden onto dear life, and I know nothing will happen to me when he is with me. I smile and hug him, resting my head on his back and close my eyes, enjoying this romantic moment. I'm whirling around like a fallen leaf in the wind and hit by the cold rain, but I'm comforted by his body. Mine.

ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Hey loves, how have you been? 😍

Hope you are enjoying the romantic moments as only 5 chapters are left to be published, for this book to be completed! 😘

Hehe, right! That's unbelievable! 💀

I'm already sad at that thought. 😢😭

See you soon!🌹