8. Masquerade Party

Hazel

Bathing. It was the immediate thing which I did once I got home. Of course, I made sure that Erden didn't see me entering my house, by covering the upper part of my body with an enormous plastic bag which I've found among some dustbins on the street.

Disgusting experience, but I had no choice.

The sensation of the cold water dripping and falling down on my skin was what I needed to quietly think of all that happened.

To believe that my life is now a story.

Or that my story is now my life.

Either or, I never had a single thought of that to be possible one day.  But now, the worst is yet to come. A high price is to need to be paid for my greediness.

I have to kill Erden.

I gulp at that thought. How can I do that? No Hazel! He is not even real and you are bound to do so. You will just write that he passed away in his sleep. Put that in your mind, and never question this matter again.

Enough!

In my room, after putting on a baggy black shirt with a white short, I begin brushing my long chocolate-coloured hair when the doorbell suddenly rings twice.

Who the hell is this? Usually at that time everyone is at work, while Lexi is out with her friends when she doesn't have classes.

I immediately go to open. But before I grab the handle of the door to do so, a thought abstain me. What if it's Erden? Though it's impossible for him to be here. I peek through the peephole to ensure. To my amazement, I find that it's Lia who is waiting for me to open. A wave of joy passes through my body.

She is back!

With cheeriness, I fleetly open the door wide and cast a large smile to my bestfriend.

"I returned early just for you. Grandma wasn't happy." Lia frowns while barging in the house. "What was so urgent? About fifty missed calls from you!" Her eyes snap wide before she plops down on the chocolate leather sofa.

I breathe out heavily. I don't know where to start.

"Lia." I sigh. She raises a brow, waiting for me to speak. "What I'm going to tell you is unbelievable, but true."

Her eyes narrowed.

"Erden is alive." I declare frankly.

Lia jumps out of the sofa. "The Erden of YOUR BOOK?" She cries out, unable to believe her ears.

"Yeah." My eyes shut briefly. I then told her the whole story in details, from the day after we hacked Wattpad, to the revelations of answers at the Wattpad headquarter.

Her hands grip her forehead as if she is having a headache after I end up narrating all that happened. 

"It's all my fault." She lets out, whining. "I forced you to do that when I wasn't aware of the consequences!"

"No Lia." I breathe out calmly. "We are partners in crime, don't forget that." Her tensed face cools off after hearing me.

"So you are just waiting for Wattpad to operate to write the scene where Erden is dying?" She asks for confirmation.

My eyes shut briefly. I hate that question.

I fake a nod to appear confident. Her lips part to say something, but immediately close without saying a word. I know she wants to talk about the killing Erden thing.