42. Cruelty

Erden

I stare at the closed door, my eyes over flooding with tears.

My body feels so weak, like my soul just left it, rending me paralysed. A lump is formed in my throat as I'm about to break into tears. I inhale and exhale several times, searching to control myself, but with her Hazel's words playing in my head, it's unbearable.

Succumbing, I fall down on my knees and finally cry my heart out, tears deluding down my cheeks. I punch the ground once, twice, but the pain in my heart is still here. I punch a couple of times more, but I can't get rid of this ache. Like an injured dog, I howl my heart out in pain. Boys are stereotyped as being emotionally strong, but at the moment I'm devastated. Hazel has become my weakness, unlocked the softest part of me.

My life has just collapsed. If she doesn't want to believe me, who will?

Tomorrow seemed so closed, but was too far. Too far to be honest. Too far to confess about the plan which was made with Lexi. Too far to make her understand how I've changed and realised. In a blink of an eye, Lexi has fucking ruined everything! She made me lost her. Forever.

I don't know for how long I've been sitting lifelessly on the ground. But the next thing I know is that there is a loud knock at the door. I'm pretty sure who it is. Getting up from the floor, my jaw clenches so hard that my teeth seem almost about to break. The pain, the disgrace, the heartbreak she caused. And now she disdainfully came to see me, to provoke me. I will burst, I know it. But I have to be wise.

There is only one way to make her pay. Revenge.

Taking multiple breaths to calm myself, I peek through the peephole to confirm.

Bingo that's her!

I quickly take out my phone and turn on the voice recording. I'm gonna beat you at your own hoeing games. I will save Hazel by any means, even if I have to play this recording in loudspeakers in front of their house. Maybe Hazel will hate me even more after hearing my truth, she wasn't supposed to learn it in this way. But that's the only way to make her parents know Lexi's devilish games.

Slipping back my phone in my pocket, I rub my face to get rid of my crying mien before banging the door open. My hand clenches on seeing her haughty face. If it was a boy, he would have already tasted my fist by now.

Lexi tilts her head to the side, observing my face for a few seconds. "My poor baby! You were crying for her. "She hangs her lower lips, which makes my hand tightens on the door. "Your love almost touched my heart." She places a hand near her heart before bursting out of laughter, bumping into my shoulder, and enters my house without permission.

"Lexi!" I call out angrily, storming behind her. She turns a deaf ear to me and heads to the salon, where she seats herself comfortably on the couch with crossed legs.

"What the fucking hell do you!" I shout out, tired of her games and intolerable guts. "What the fuck do you want after what you've done!?"

My fist is shivering from clenching on it so hard.

"Oh Romeo, relax." Lexi smirks, reclining herself cozily on the couch. "It was our plan...remember? I came to celebrate."

I can't help but to tug on my hair as rage is overtaking me. How can she damn link me with all this!? The way she is playing it cool is inflaming me more. "The plan was that you fucking show your parents a picture of me and Hazel being a little close, hugging or whatever!" I yell, the veins of my neck pulsating. "You were supposed to dramatized on this! And I fucking stopped this shit because I couldn't stop realizing that Hazel is a good person. She doesn't deserve this. That you are the devil. And you just proved it!"

Untouched by my words, she is staring at me with a wide, sardonic smile on her face.

"How can you step so fucking low, Lexi?! Without our consent, you filmed our intimate moment and leaked the video to your parents!" My voice is wobbling, too overwhelmed by the emotions.

"Ah, Erden. I never expected to get the jackpot." She gets up from the couch in a gratifying manner and walks to me. "And I told you that I would avenge your betrayal." She steps closer to me till her face is only inches from mine. "You declared war to the wrong person, Mister Romeo."

"That's funny." A chuckle escapes my throat. "I never declared war to you. I'm perhaps less human than you, but I got a conscience compared to you. I just realised what I was doing was wrong."

This time, she stays tight-lipped.

"What she did to you for you to hate her like that, huh?" I grimace in disgust, always wondered why she is so cruel.

"It's simple. I'm daddy's only daughter. The only heir." She says normally, as if this isn't the most selfish sentence. "Hazel can't take my place!"

"You're right. Hazel can never be a spoiled, selfish daughter." Her jaw clenches at my words. "Do you know how hesitant she was to date me because of you? I even reminded her how horrible you are. But she still argued that she can't do that to you because you are her family." My heart aches. "Family, Lexi!"

She begins to clap her hand sarcastically, which infuriates me more. "You can become a motivational speaker. Seriously, you almost got me."

Not being able to cope at how insensitive she is anymore, I burst out furiously. "You are so heartless that you never wonder how you're going to be punished for all the things you've ruined! You will never want to change because you never see your flaws in the first place. But you will pay for everything, Lexi! Mark my words." Roaring, I wag at her determinedly. "You will fucking pay for all the pain you caused around you!

"Who the hell do you think you are?! You lower your tone when you talk to me!" She snarls through gritted teeth. "Otherwise you will receive a kick in your balls, Erden!"

Fixing her gaze, my lips stretch into a smirk. After tomorrow, I will see how much confidence remains in you.

Her eyes narrow curiously. "How come that you're still full of yourself?"

I can't help but to laugh. Ignoring her question, I point at the door. "If you're done, get lost from here."

"Don't be a bad loser. I got what I wanted." Lexi winks at me before walking to the door. I watch her triumphantly instead, thinking of how she will regret for having come to my place to put on a show. "Hasta la vista, Romeo." She jeers before proceeding out of my house.

Smiling satisfiedly, I remove my phone from my pocket and stop the recording.

See you Lexi. See you.

('-ι_-`)