39. Car Vibes

"You didn't have to. You will be late for classes because of me." I tell Erden, feeling guilty that I accepted that he drives me to the airport.

With his hands controlling the steering wheel, he puffs on glancing at me. "It's the fifth time you're repeating this. One time more and I will drop you here itself and really go to school." He tries hard to sound serious by restraining his grin.

"Oh my god... so funny." I say sarcastically, which makes him hangs his lower lips like a sad puppy.

Since Lia would have missed classes, she couldn't come to the airport, as well as her mom, who would have been late for work. I was therefore supposed to take a taxi. But Erden insisted that he would drop me at the airport, though it's one hour of driving. He borrowed Brandon's car, as he does quite often. He thought that a 'medium long-drive' together will be fun.

"Maybe there won't be classes for me." Erden's lips stretch into a smirk while keeping his eyes on the road.

I roll my eyes, groaning. "Argh, Erden. Go to school!"

His sexy chuckles resonate in the car, satisfied that he succeeded on his mission to irritate me.

Taking a look through the window, the magnificent view captures me. I admire the amazing panorama of the blue sea as we drive past, the waves rolling and advancing before gradually dashing into white foam on the golden-yellow sand. The song 'Into your arms' begins to blare in the car, giving me more passion to stare out.

"I know you are probably dreaming of going to the beach with me again." Erden affirms cockily, breaking my cherished moment.

I turn to glare at him.

"But now, I'm dreaming of you vibing with me." He winks.

"You love being so cocky, aren't you?" I hiss.

"And that's how you love me." He snaps back, stretching out his shoulders in confidence. He immediately begins singing along with the chorus part of the song, which makes me laugh.

"Hmmm yeaeahh...hmmmm yeeaahhh..."

I place my palms over my ears, pretending that it's unbearable to hear him. "God, you're ruining that awesome part."

Erden ignores me and keeps on swaying with the tune, while still driving carefully. Though he is far from hitting the right notes, he is singing wholeheartedly, snickering at himself. Pleased by his energy, I join him. The song 'My heart stereo' follows and I let myself go, singing hysterically together with Erden. He looks at me, smiling from ear to ear, and takes my one hand in his, waving it around. The car turns into a boisterous opera, loud music booming with us screaming and guffawing along.

Once the zest has taken over me as well, I can't stop. I duet with Taylor Swift to 'Wildest dreams', pouring my heart out and even trying to imitate the vocals. Delighted by my liveliness, Erden stops singing and checks the road before taking a longing look at me. "Wildest dreams, huh?" I hear him say, but too absorbed in the moment to pay attention. "Maybe this isn't your wildest one... but..."

When he places his left hand on my right thigh, I come back from my high and moderately stop singing. Erden's eyes are focused on the road, with a small smile playing on his lips, while his other hand is controlling the steering wheel. He slowly rubs the length of my thigh, massaging it which makes a wave of hotness engulfs me. He continues with the same pattern on the side, before squeezing it, making me jolts.

He chuckles satisfiedly. "What happened? Don't stop singing."

We sang to a couple of more songs while Erden was teasing my thigh. I don't know why, but it made every song sounds more sensual. But I can't deny it. It was really a fun idea to go on this long-drive together.