48. Chasing

Erden

With the window widely opened, I've been looking outside since a while. I wanted to fill my lungs with fresh air, instead of the smoke of a cigarette. I've successfully quit this addiction since almost two weeks, and I don't want to get back to it as a remedy to distress myself from what happened recently.

Everything was beautiful with Hazel. Since I fell in love with her, I felt good and right. It made me slowly wanting to become a better man for her. Without realising, her words had great impact on me. I listened to her unwillingly. And as her lover, what better? I was a lucky man. It made me responsible. Responsible to take care of a beautiful rose so as its petals turn healthy and freshly vibrant.

But I fucking let this rose dry.

Exhaling desperately, I rest my hands on the border of the window and try to collect myself. But it's impossible. The same regret keeps kicking me every hour.

That I was a moron.

I should have told her everything at the beginning itself. Though how much I was reminding myself about this everyday, I was so scared to lose her. I was lying to myself, saying I would do it tomorrow. Tomorrow became tomorrow and tomorrow. But there was no perfect moment. And in the end, she learned it in the worst way possible.

But I will do whatever it takes for her to forgive me. I will wait, even if it takes an eternity.

As I take a look at the deserted road, I snap back to reality. It's the same white Porsche of yesterday which just stopped in front of Hazel's house.

I blink twice to confirm that I'm not hallucinating.

I immediately get my answer as I see Hazel walking to the car, alluring in a sexy red dress. The clicking sound of her heels is audible till from here, as the roads are practically silent at that time.

How pretty she looks in red.

Where is she going at that hour dressed like that?

I swallow hard as I watch her get in the car.

My hand tightens on the border of the window.

The fuck?

I can't get her out of my head, and she is already seeing someone else?!

Hell no!

Like crazy, I close the window and run to the door, picking my jacket from the couch on the way. I rapidly put it on while slipping into my dark boots. Straightaway, I rush to the garage, slamming the door behind me.

Without losing a second, I hop on my bike, fasten the helmet on my head and zip up my black denim jacket before accelerating, the fractious roaring of the bike boosting up my adrenaline. It gives me the confidence to pursue them. At the back of my head, I know I'm probably being creepy and acting like a psychopath, but I can't desist. I need to assure myself. I've never seen that guy before?

When did Hazel become suddenly close with that guy?

Grunting under my breath, I speed up to catch the machine, which has fortunately didn't go too far. In the darkness of the night, the blonde's white car is standing out, making it easier to not lose track of it. Once behind them, I slow down and keep the same matching pace. I purse my lips, feeling extremely agitated on the bike.

I don't want to turn into those freaky exes.

But how did she move on so easily? Within two days?!

The tail lamp of his car flashes red at the stop, waiting. As the traffic light shows green, the Porsche takes some tempo. I decide to ignore my gobbling thoughts and focus on the road. Though the lamp poles are fortunately lighting up the roads, the visibility at night is still miserable. I slide up my tinted visor to help me get a clearer view of the highway ahead.

Loud music starts to boom from the car as it steps on the gas further. My hand tightens on the throttle grip. Is she singing along with him? It was one of the enjoyable moment I spent with Hazel, and now seeing her doing the same thing with another guy makes me want to scratch his polished white car. I accelerate as well and the motorcycle thunders, reverberating obnoxiously through the deserted highways with high screeches at each of my zigzagging drifts. My pulse is racing, the thrill and the rage mixing up. In addition, the air is chilly tonight. At the speed I'm going, the breaths of wind are lashing my skin, making me shiver occasionally.

Hazel, on the contrary, is sticking her hand out, letting the fresh air whips her skin. How happy she seems with him.

I gnash my teeth at that thought.

I'm being careless, I know. I didn't even think what I will tell Hazel if she notices my presence. The eagerness to chase the truth is unstoppable.

After a couple of minutes of chasing them, the car enters the parking lot of an impressive villa. The thunderous music can already be heard from the road itself. I'm bug-eyed in astonishment.

Since when does Hazel like those places?

I rapidly locate a place to park my bike in the parking lot, which is jammed with different types of machines. I station my motorcycle at a distance of their proximity, while keeping an eye on them. I roll my eyes as the blond gets off his car and opens the door for Hazel. And she told me that they are friends, bruh. Friends insult each other rather than doing nice things for good impression. I should have been the one opening the door for her right now, maybe slap her butt while we would have been at it.

Thinking of that makes me sulk. I remember that the first time Hazel and I touched each other, it was in a parking lot. Today, it feels so weird to see her coming out from another guy's car in a similar space.

I wait for them to walk in the building before I remove my helmet, and head inside as well. Luckily, there is no security guard to inquire for details. View how the villa is packed, I guess everyone is most welcomed. My eyes contemplate in amazement the prodigious extent of the hall, with laser lights projecting around in multicolor. It's a lit party for sure. With the ear-piercing songs booming, it's really tempting to go and cavort on the dance floor, where there is a mass of people jumping and shaking wildly.

But tonight, I have something more intriguing to do.

My gaze darts around, searching for my hazel-eyes beauty with that average blond. I puff when I find them near the bar, sitting on the stools while chatting and chortling. I can't be insane. From the way he is deeply staring at her while she is talking, it can deduce that he likes her.

Breath Erden. Breath.

Deciding to act before Hazel catches me gawking at her like a maniac, I head to the bar. As I reach there behind her, I inhale a breath of courage before I bluff. "Hazel, is that you? What a coincidence!"

( ̄^ ̄゜)