37. Did you just fantasize about me?

The whole day at school felt strange, as if something was missing. No, precisely someone. I didn't have any common class with Erden. I kept checking around, hoping that I would come across him. I wanted to see him, that he looks into my eyes and feel the world stops. I also wished to tell him that I brainstormed about us, that Lia also advised me, and I've made my decision.

Once I got back home, I decided to cook him dinner and bring it to him as a surprise. It's my turn to do something for him in return. Following a recipe, I prepared spaghetti bolognese with cheese and mozzarella, with some fresh herbs on the top. Pleased by the mouth-watering result and the piercing aroma, I pack up the food with the intention of having dinner together while talking to him.

After dressing up into a pretty blue floral dress and lightly curled the end of my hair, I smile at my reflection through the mirror. You can do it, Hazel. With my heart beating fast inside my chest in excitement, I grab the bag containing the packed food and head to the exit. Just I was about to grab the doorknob, there is a knock at the door.

Heck. My hand tenses around the doorknob. Who the hell is here at the wrong time?

Sulking, I pull the door opened and a torrent of emotions promptly wash my madness away on seeing that it's Erden, his hands in his pockets as he was waiting for me to open. I feel an urge to tuck a stand of hair behind my ear. He was coming to see me too. What a coincidence.

"Oh hey, Hazel." A wide smile appears on his face, which immediately dissolves as he quickly checks me out, his eyes squinting. "You're going out?" He asks, sounding kinda disappointed. "Um, I actually came so that we can finish the Squid game since you slept on the fifth episode last night."

Suppressing the urge to burst out in happiness, I clear my throat to act cool and normal. "Uh, I was actually coming to see you." I step to the side to give him way to enter in.

"Me?" He points at himself, entering in.

"Yes, for the one who cooked for me." I say gratefully, closing the door behind him. "I prepared something for you as well to thank you." I raise the bag slightly to show him. "Since you're already here, I'm going to unpack it."

Erden's lips twist in a cocksure manner. "Do you have anything to tell along?"

Heat creeps up my neck. "L-like what?"

How does he know?

"Not sure... but when a person wants to please someone," He lifts his chin as his eyes dive into mine. "They do nice things for them."

Amused by how poised he is, I won't give in so easily. I take a few steps closer to him, standing proudly in the same way as him. "Maybe I have something to tell you." I defy his gaze, challenging him. "Maybe not."

His smirk stretches. "The night will tell us."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Umm, so delicious, Hazel." Erden nearly moans, his tongue quickly slipping out to lick his lips.

I chuckle satisfiedly on looking at him savoring the food, as he is sitting in front of me at the table. "Bonne appetit."

"By the way." He places back the fork he was about to put in his mouth on his plate. "You usually make it, or you tried something new?"

"I followed a recipe, just like you did." I reply, winking.

His brows shot up, impressed. "For a first time, it's perfect. Other than being an author, you are a cook as well."

I laugh at how he is trying to flatter me. "You're exaggerating, Erden."

"I'm serious." He insists and smiles pleasingly. "Anyway, thank you so much for this delicious dinner."