51. He can't be in Your Story

My heart begins to beat faster. "Which harm?"

"Since how long Erden has been alive?!" Austin demands preoccupiedly.

My eyes crunch as I try to think rapidly, but I can't recall exactly. "About two months I think. Why?!"

He throws his head back, groaning defeatedly. "Remember, Hazel!"

"Austin, you're stressing me out!" I abruptly wake up from the bench, grabbing his arm to force him to look back at me. "What's the matter?!"

The blond rapidly checks around to certify that there is no one passing by to hear us. He then gazes at me deeply for a while, his mouth opening and closing several times before he finally declares. "Er-Erden will have to die."

My world stops at his words.

"I'm so sorry."

My legs feel suddenly weak that I urgently need to plop down on the bench. Inhaling and exhaling repeatedly, I try to catch my breath, but I'm still suffocating. "No, no." My head begins to throb as it quivers in disbelief. "I must have got it wrong, or you must be joking, right?!"

"Unfortunately, I'm not." His eyes shut briefly.

"Tell me you're fucking joking!" I blast off from the bench, unable to register what I just heard. "It's not possible! It's not!"

Austin quickly grips my arm, shaking me a little to bring me back to my senses. "Hazel, calm down, please! I will explain everything."

Like a lifeless body between his hands, I cede. I let him speak, mentally imploring that he will relieve me.

He sucks in a breath as his grip loosens around my arm. "In the case of your story, which is not a completed story..." He pauses, his face filled with sympathy and hesitancy, which makes my heart pounds in fear. "One day of your life equals to one draft your story has."

My heart skips a beat.

"In other words, you and all the characters of your book have ninety-nine days to live before you all disappear, including Erden, if you don't kill him. His world will stop, like all the rest of you."

Like a blow to my head, his words start to whirl around.

"The final death chapter will make it to a total of one hundred days. If Erden has already lived around fifty days, it means there is only fifty days left."

Gaping at him in total shock, tears overflow my eyes.

"You can write more drafts if you want to increase the number of days. Even drafts consisting of one word can work. But even if you try to do that for the rest of your life, Erden will never grow old with you. He will always stay the same age which he was when he came alive. And the fact that he is not real, he can't reproduce." As he finishes, he forcibly gives me a piteous smile.

"B-but I told him not to risk making someone pregnant." My voice trembles as I talk at last.

"That's what you thought. I just told you to make sure he doesn't get noticed much since he was supposed to leave soon." He rectifies.

Tears have blurred my view. I'm hyperventilating again, impossible to assimilate everything that I've just heard. "So that's it?" I shrug, letting out a bitter laugh. "There is no other way?"

"I'm sorry. There is no other solution." Austin replies shortly, which enrages me more. My teeth gnash together. "How were you so careless!" I scream out, my soul wailing. "I've lived with him for so many days, got attached to him all! And now you come and tell me that we need to kill him!" I clap my hand humorlessly, not giving a damn how crazy I seem. "I fell in love with him! Love Austin!" I grit my teeth at those words, tears sliding down my face. "I've built so many memories with him! All that for nothing!"

"I'm so sorry, Hazel." His eyes drop to the ground in shame. "We didn't even imagine the probability that would happen."

"Does Justin know?" I ask, totally pissed off by them.

He shakes his head in disagreement. "I didn't tell him. Otherwise, he would have taken serious actions against you."

My jaw tightens. "Which actions, huh?! When you were both fucking negligent!"

"Hazel..." He says softly, clasping his hands together in front of me. "I beg you pardon."

As he does so, I realise that I went overboard. I'm pouring everything on him. Ashamed, I breathe out profoundly, collecting myself a little. "W-What about the old witch?" I ask, still hopeful.

He flits his head. "My father is no more. He only had the rights to demand to reverse the spell."

My eyes flutter closed, drowning in despair.

When Austin sees that I've slightly calmed down, he rests a supportive hand on my shoulder. "Hazel, you will be able to do it together with him. I believe in you."

Even if he is trying to boost my courage, the lump in my throat is sprouting.

"Only you have the rights to destine this story." I gulp swifter at his words. There is an obdurate force in me, longing me to turn a deaf ear to his exhortation.

"But don't forget," the blond pauses, gazing at my eyes in all seriousness. "He doesn't have the rights to be a part of YOURS, Hazel."

Inhaling deeply, I can't stand to hear him anymore. "Austin...I l-lo-love him." No longer able to hold myself, I burst into tears, my voice wobbling. "W-what am I going to do now?!"

In pity, he stares at me with brooding eyes before his arms wrap around my back, as he pulls me into a comforting hug. Disheartened, I clasp the back of his t-shirt and cry my heart out. My eyes squeeze together as I reminisce about all the memories with Erden, tears streaming down my face and dampens his shirt. "I-I'm so sorry." Austin murmurs as he slowly pats my back. But no words can solace my heart.

I will lose Erden. I will have to kill my soulmate and live with this pain till my last breath.

( .. )

Hey guys, how have you been?❤

I did not write a message for a long time so that I don't disturb the flow of the story. 😉

And yeahhhh...the mystery has finally been revealed! 😟 What do you think?

If you ask me, yes, this was planned since the beginning 😂 Hehe, sorry.😝