10. Speechless

"You're unbelievable!" Erden exclaims, his voice rough and stern. "Look where we have reached, and you're still pretending to be Tara."

My eyes go out of their sockets.

Oh my god.

He already caught me and he was just testing me.

My heart begins to pound inside of my chest, shame reflecting on my face.

How did I allow all this to happen. How did I authorize my desires to consume me.

"Tell me, who are you?!" Erden asks furiously, glaring at me.

My mind is blank.

"I-I..." The words leave my mouth in stutters. I can't speak. All my emotions are spinning in my head.

"When you left my house in the morning, I messaged Tara and asked her why she was not able to come. She told me she just started chatting with me for the first time last night at 9 p.m. and it was too quick to meet already by midnight. She wanted to make the wait more diserable!" Erden explains angrily.

My lips part in surprise. Since nothing happened as per the second chapter of the book, he really talked to someone on Tinder, heck.

"It was me who confused you with her and you played along. I thought I would never see you again and would never know the reason you came to my place. But when tonight I saw you at the party, I had to find a mean to make you talk."

My eyes shut briefly. I'm so stupid.

"So I continued to act as if you're Tara and you also kept playing along." Erden laughs faintly. "You were ready to sleep with me just to ac-"

And I slap him.

His face is flanged to the left, his hand tightened into a fist. He remains froze for a few seconds, the red handprint on his cheek clearly visible.

"I would have never slept with you!" I bark through gritted teeth before I get out of the car, slamming the door behind me.

My legs feel weak as I stand on them. I can't think of anything at that moment. I just take in a breath of the cold air and storm towards the building to search for Lia and get out of here. I just want to be home. Even if I'm ravaging the parking like a storm of fire and fury, I feel so feeble.

As I'm nearly to enter the building, a car drifts by me as it stops, making my heart jumps. I know it's him. I maintain my calm and refuse to look.

"You can't keep running from me forever." Erden swears confidently. "I will find you, I promise."

With that, the car drives away with a fractious pulsating sound, while backfiring a blue smoky. It shakes my heart even more.

With a headache, I enter the bungalow, sprint through the crowd while looking for Lia, bumping into tipsy dancers and receiving profanities from them. Everything that happened between me and Erden is whirling in my head, tormenting me. I try to ignore it and keep sneaking in the frenzy mass, my body blindly walking in the quest for my best friend.

Along with the loud music in the background, Erden voice is resonating in head when I abruptly barge into someone. My lips immediately part to apologize, but my motive suspends as I realise that it's Lia.

Finally.

Lia's eyes stretch like saucers as her eyes land on my face. "Hazel!" She promptly cries out, aghast to find me so troubled. "What happened to you!?" Her voice is in pure jittery.

At that moment all the emotions of tonight dash to the surface, ready to explode from my shattered body. Without any control, I burst out. "We made out Lia."