25. Forgive Me Please

Erden

It was a moment since Hazel has gone in her room. After cleaning the kitchen, I have returned to the salon to watch the end of the movie with Lexi. Frankly, I'm sick and tired when I have to be alone with her. Especially now that I'm consuming my night times for the plan rather than for my nightlife. On top of that, Lexi's acting and mine as a couple are miserable. There is no connection at all. Hazel caught us sitting separately when she got down the stairs. I can't do otherwise, even as a friend, Lexi fails.

Stretching my drowsy body, I let out a wookie yawn. I have enough for today.

"I better go." I say, getting up from the couch. "Hazel is angry, I don't think she will get out from her room again. And your parents will be here soon." I murmur so that my voice is not heard upstairs.

Lexi lazily nods, getting up from the sofa. She walks to switch on the lights and then accompany me to the door, but before we can reach in front of it, the doorbell rings.

Lexi and I freeze, exchanging a panicked look. "Your parents?" I ask, tensed.

She glances at the clock behind us. "It's too early."

I shrug. Who can it be then?

To ensure, Lexi peeks through the peephole and her nose immediately flares. She emits a puff and then quickly turns and walks to the stairs, an annoyed expression on her face.

"Hazel come down! The crazy Lia is here!" She yells at the bottom of the stairs.

Lia? Lia love?

"Get down Hazel!" Lexi shouts again before she sighs and looks at me. "Hazel will come down, stay." She murmurs.

I slowly shake my head in agreement. That Lia thing renders me curious.

As soon as Lexi opens the door, the brunette with green-vegetable eyes get in, breathing agitatedly. I've always noticed that she got beautiful eyes. But today, they are red, dark circles underlying her eyelids. As if she has cried too much or didn't sleep for days.

"I... I need to talk to Hazel." She splutters anxiously, her face frazzled. Her eyes are looking at me, but they are as if blankly gazing, not seeing anything.

I inform her that Hazel is coming before I join Lexi on the couch, pretending I'm watching the movie while in reality, I'm waiting for Hazel to get down.

After a few seconds, heavy footsteps are heard as they run down the stairs and Hazel appears, her face crimsoned with fury. She stays in front of the stairs while Lia is on the other side of the room, in front of the door.

Lia breathes out heavily. "We need to talk. I have called you several times, but you didn't pick up."

"I don't have anything to tell you." Hazel snarls.

Lexi looks amused at the situation, while I'm staring at them, stunned. I was right, something messed up between them.

Sighing, Lia begins walking towards Hazel. "Listen."

"Stay where you are!" She warns, her palm spread in front of her chest.

Lia immediately freezes. She looks weak, as if she is going to break at any minute. "Forgive me Hazel, I never meant to lie to you". She begs, tears beginning to roll down her cheeks. "I-It's just that I didn't have the courage to tell you that I felt for Thomas."

My eyes go wide. Did I understand properly?

A few chuckles escape Lexi's throat, causing Hazel's eyes to slam shut in shame. Like a blow, she then opens her eyes and glares at Lexi before she storms to Lia, gazing at her furiously.