24. One Cup Of Coffee

Hazel

Twenty-four hours seems like thousand years when you got a broken heart. There were no classes today, so I've locked myself in my room and only got out of it for my necessities. Luckily, my mom is very busy this week with all the new marketing strategies implementing in the company. She is therefore too occupied to pay attention to my state.

Again, Leon and my mother have gone to a business dinner tonight, leaving me and Lexi at home alone. But someone else came to join us.

Erden.

Lexi and him are definitely turning the house into their dating point. Erden seizes every occasion when my parents aren't at home to get in the house. But boon to that, he has enlightened my mood yesterday. He was there when I felt all alone, and he even unbelievably apologized.

I shake my head to snap out of those thoughts and concentrate on what I'm doing. I'm lolling on my bed, reading on Wattpad, while the two lovebirds are watching their movie downstairs. Erden will probably sneak out of the house before my parents return. How pathetic.

Shifting on my left side for a more comfortable position, I resume reading when my stomach suddenly grunts.

That's what happens when your stomach is angry at you because you haven't fed it for dinner. Excuse me, I wasn't in the state to eat anything.

I ignore my stomach and continue reading, but it grunts again.

Okay, okay. I'm gonna eat something.

I immediately go downstairs. Unfortunately, I'm obliged to pass into the salon to reach the kitchen. The lights of the salon are switched off, the playing TV brightening the room. The couple is watching the latest Jumanji if I'm not mistaken.

But something weird strikes my attention. Forget about hugging and so on, Lexi and Erden are not even sitting together. They are apart on different sofas. I give them a forced smile as they glance at me in a surprised manner. Maybe on hearing me running down the stairs, they quickly changed place to appear respectable.

Sighing, I push them out of my mind and step in the kitchen. I place my phone on the grand dinning table before going to the cream-coloured tiled counter, fill the kettle which is on there with water and then turn it on. Getting bored while waiting for the water to boil, I decide to look for a cup from the cupboard which is near the refrigerator. As I turn to walk there, I drive into a stonewall chest, causing me to freak out and gasp.

Damn, it's the second time. Erden really eats bricks or what?

I immediately step back and look at him, my back touching the counter. He has a small smirk playing on his lips as he knows he just scared me. Dumb boy.

He might be dumb, but extremely sexy. He is looking so enticing in his grey sweatpants and black vest, which is putting to exhibition his delicious tanned, muscular arms. He has a few pieces of hair falling on his flawless face, rending it more charming. Stop this now, Hazel. He is your stepsister's boyfriend.

"What are you making?" Erden's question makes me come back to Earth.

"Euuh.. " I trail nervously. "A cup of coffee."

Realising that I'm a bit too close to his body, I immediately pass by him and walk to the wooden-brown cupboard. Erden rambles behind me, following me.

"Wrong." He protests, standing a few centimeters from me as I open the varnished cupboard. "You're making two cups of coffee. One for you and one for me."

I turn to give him an odd look. Great audacity.

"You're getting cozy." I tease while taking out two black cups from the cupboard. One for me and one for Erden. Grabbing both of the cups by their handles with my left hand, I try to close the cupboard with my other one.