20. A Great Change

Hazel

"Good morning." I say cheerfully as I enter the kitchen for breakfast on this beautiful morning.

"Good morning, honey." My mother and Leon reply in unison. They are both having their toast while reading the newspaper. I guess they will soon leave for work, since Leon is already primed in his suit.

Deciding to join them, I sit at the table and immediately grab a toast which is already spread with cheese and butter. I begin eating it like a hungry wolf, crumbs falling from my mouth.

"You will go to school in the afternoon to finish your project, sweety?" My mother asks, taking a sip of her coffee.

Argh, this stupid project. My grade doesn't have classes today, but still I need to go to school because of this project. And poor me, I need to go there alone since Lia has swimming course at that time.

"Unfortunately, I have to." I make a sulking face which makes them chuckle.

"Nevermind." I look around and smile. I don't know why, but I'm happy this morning. I woke up afresh, leaving behind in the past the issue with Erden and Thomas. I'm indeed sad for having lost Thomas now as a friend also. But the only thing I can do is to forget about that. He is the one at fault for not believing a single bit of Erden's story. If he ever decides to come back to me as a friend, I will surely welcome him.

And Erden. I've decided to give up on my Wattpad account and create a new one, though I lost inspiration to write. How can I create a new, refreshing male protagonist when I will unintentionally include features relating to Erden in him?

Erden is the main, and I don't want to duplicate him.

I already decided to let him live without I interfere. I won't talk to him again. We will of course see each other unpurposely, but I don't want to be a part of his life. He got his own now. Wattpad and me are now unrelated to him.

I should live my life the way back when he didn't exist, though he has accidentally shoved the normal course of my life.

Suddenly, my thoughts are dispersed at the sound of heavy footsteps running down the stairs. "Wait! I'm coming, I'm coming." I hear Lexi rumbles as she is running rapidly to the main door. She is talking on the phone, right?

Leon raises his head, looking over to see what's happening at the sound of the door opening, but the walls are unfortunately obstructing his sight, just like mine.

"Don't worry, they are in the kitchen." I hear Lexi say, as the door is clicked shut.

With whom is she talking?

"I assure you, it's a good idea." Lexi's voice turns more audible as the sound of her footsteps gets closer. Curiously, the sound of the footsteps is thicker this time. There is definitely someone walking with her.

My mother and Leon glance at each other in confusion before they look back at the Kitchen entrance, waiting for Lexi and the mysterious visitor to come up.

After a few seconds, Lexi appears as she passes through the kitchen opening, wearing her pink nightgown, followed by...

My eyes go wide.

What the hell is Erden doing here?!

This is the last person I wanted to see on this beautiful morning.

"Good morning, everyone." He lets out with a smile, slipping his hands in his pocket. My eyes automatically run over his body. It has been long since I've not seen him in long-sleeved shirt and classy white pants. The shirt is black in color and his impressive biceps will as if nearly tear apart the sleeves. Heat creeps up my cheek when I remember that it's the same shirt he was wearing when we made out in the car. My inspection is seized when I realise that he is giving me a dark look.