Caught in a Lie by @storefront

Caught in a Lie by storefront
Review by exodaddykokobop

IMPRESSION BEFORE READING

cover- very neat and simple. the font used too is good.

title- based on the ground of the plot- perfection.

description- on point. i plain ass love it!

AFTER READING

it was beautiful, and it got a whole lot better as it progressed. the way you presented each chapter and characters even; it was remarkable. true, it was bewildering initially, but after reading several journal entries, i could visibly position the story in place.

the way it flowed was very smooth; arrangements neat. i distinctly enjoyed how you took your time describing each one of the individuals involved- if not vastly explained, it was still there. the usage of various forms of words did draw in the attention and had the appropriate impact a reader seeks through reading.

since neither writing nor reviewing is all about good things: i did notice some shortcomings. one of the most important ones was the usage of punctuations. i spotted repeated mistake in this area.

FOCUSES

character development-

actively visible. aside from your calm way of writing, you sure provided a controlled environment for the characters to expose themselves to, and their actions based on it were also understandable.

characterization throughout the story is one of the aspects that is likely to get your readers wanting to continue with it. it was simply magnificent, and i loved how each one had a voice of their own and that it did not revolve entirely around one sole person.

plot-

definition of retaining. the opening scene was very much catchy, to say the least. and as it progressed, what started in a single line had, in fact, spread and told one too many tales without diverting the readers elsewhere.

it was unique on its own way of presenting.

writing style-

vivid. although in the first chapter or two, i found your explanation to the female MC's pain to stretch a bit, but i guess it was mandatory to say such things to get the reader picture the exact point of agony she was facing.

your vocabulary range is so refined, and you truly know where to position each word into order. what i loved was, you did not use complex words just to show everyone that you know the word, but in fact, wrote it as per its relevance in the matter.

ADVICE

keep a close eye on the usage of punctuation in both the normal chapters and the journal entries.

ENDING NOTE

you have a good grasp of writing and making the readers feel one with the character. keep up the good work. i can only send my best for you to grow.

We remind you to credit us, thebtswriters, and your reviewer, exodaddykokobop, in the description of your story for giving you a review. Thank you for requesting!