“So can we hangout afterschool, or do you need Trav’s help with something else?” Gav asked with a pout.

                I blushed and saw Gage fighting off a smirk. Gage cleared his throat and shook his head at Gavin, shrugging.

                “Nope, I got all the help I wanted from him yesterday. So we’re free to hangout today,” he said, the smirk finally managing its way onto Gage’s face.

                “Yea, yea! Hanging out!” Gav cheered happily.

                “We can go to my house if you guys want to,” I offered.

                “Duh. Gav’s mom’s weird and my mom’s annoying. The only time we don’t go to your house, Trav, is when we absolutely can’t,” Gage pointed out in annoyance. Gav nodded in agreement.

                “Out of my way faggot!”

                Collin roughly shoved Gage out of his way. I jumped a little in surprise, not having seen him come up onto the track. Or really into the gym, for that matter.

                Gage glared at him in annoyance and gestured to the several feet of space between himself and the wall. Collin raised an eyebrow as Josh stepped up next to him.

                “You could’ve moved your fatass over there,” Gage said.

                “You want to start something faggot?” Collin snarled.

                “What the hell are you talking about? You’re the one who shoved me!” Gage snapped, clenching his fists tightly.

                He took a deep breath and unclenched his fists. An easy smirk slid onto his face. I nervously chewed on my lip. This wasn’t looking like a very favorable situation.

                “Whatever Collin. You’re not worth my time,” Gage said simply, turning back to Gav and I to talk to us.

                Collin let his fist fly, hitting Gage in the side of the head. Gage staged into me and I caught and steadied him.

                “Are you okay?” I asked in concern.

                “I’m fine,” he growled, rubbing his head and glaring at Collin.

                I grabbed the back of Gage’s shirt as he moved to hit Collin. I dragged him back and glared at him, shaking my head wildly.

                “Stop it Gage! He’s definitely not worth getting suspended over,” I said.

                “Shut up you stupid cock sucker!” Collin snapped, glaring at me.

                “That’s not what your mom called him last night,” Gav said with a wink.

                Collin opened his mouth to yell at Gav, but his eyes slid past him. “Alex,” he said, motioning the younger boy over. “I was looking for you.”

                Alex timidly walked by us and stepped next to Collin. He was in the same head down, shoulders slumped position that I had seen him in a few minutes ago.

                “Alex, why do you hang out with them?” Gav asked, staring at Alex.

                Alex seemed startled that Gav was actually talking to him. He nervously glanced at Gav and then to Collin, as if too afraid to speak.