31 (preview)

(the card that maya got for jahseh is in the multimedia. enjoy everyone :))

[also, i just want to say rq, even though i said so on both of my accounts, #LLJ💙🕊. i love you sm bby boy and i hope you're resting in peace and paradise. you had a whole life ahead of you and deserved to experience it. this just a lil' sum sum in honor of him. enjoy.]

Maya

The numbers 10:55 p.m. glared brightly in my eyes, making them squint. Slowly, I got up and scratched my head, glancing around the room. Of course, it was dark outside and the only light provided was from the full moon shining brightly.

Out of instinct, I picked up my phone and unlocked it, seeing I get a new message that was sent hours ago. I must have been asleep. Clicking on the notification my heart sped up to see it was Jah who texted me. I cocked my eyebrow in confusion and read the text. 

seh-seh 😍💋 - hey
sent 4:21 p.m.

My eyes widened at the time stamp. Nearly 4:30? I must have been exhausted be sleeping for this long. I bit down on my inner cheek and looked around, trying to decide if I should answer. 

My original plan was to just give him some space until tomorrow, when I would speak to him first and give him the stuff I bought, but I guess he didn't want space. Or he's had enough space. Either way, I was happy he had hit me up.

me - oh... hi
sorry i'm so late...i wanted to give you some space and then i fell asleep. so im just now waking up.....

delivered 10:57 p.m.

I kept it simple and I put my phone down and went to my bathroom. After doing my business, fixing my hair to put in my bonnet and then washing my face I walked back over to my bed and looked at my phone.

No message. 

I sighed in defeat and proceeded downstairs to get some food. I mean it's only been like five minutes.. I should give him some time.

When I reached downstairs, I saw a body curled up on the couch watching reruns of the Jamie Foxx Show. I rolled my eyes automatically knowing who it was because I knew Kevin didn't watch stuff like that.

I went in the fridge, subliminally satisfied that I went shopping the other day. A stocked fridge makes me happy. I couldn't seem to decide what I wanted. As I reached for the leftover lasagna I heard my aunt's annoying ass voice.

"Close the fridge door! You letting the food spoil! Just pick something and leave." she yelled from the living room, and mumbled the last part. I could still hear her though.

"Would like... calm?" I asked annoyed, but still trying to respectful. "The fridge wasn't even open for that long." I rolled my eyes and reached for the lasagna and slammed the door shut, making the whole fridge shake.

"Stop slammin' the damn door! 'For you break it." she looked back at me and rolled her eyes, turning back to her Jaime and Fancy.

I rolled my eyes right back. "Yeah, a'ight."

"Don't be catching no attitude, lil' girl."

I tore my eyes away from the microwave and glared at her. "Where is the-- you know what." I stopped myself. I was not trying to get into it with her. I ain't have the energy to deal with her.

Thankfully she didn't respond and she once again became engrossed in the TV screen. After leaning on the marble counter for about two minutes, microwave went off and I took out my food, grabbed a bottle of water, a fork, and hiked back up the stairs to the safety of my room.