2

Maya POV

I groaned and plopped back onto my bed. I finally finished unpacking everything.

It was almost 10. Man I spent nearly all day unpacking. And my so called "aunt" ain't even bother to help me out. How nice of her.

I went downstairs to get something to eat. I walk past Kevin's room, my aunt's crappy ass boyfriend. It smells like straight up weed and sex in there. And I still heard noises! Barf.

I grabbed some pizza from the fridge and turned on the TV. Man, I need a life. Semi- luckily, I start school tomorrow.

My eyelids started to get heavy. I knew I was tired after a long day.

As I was walking up the stairs, I heard my aunt call me.

"Maya!!!" she yelled. I was right next to her.

"Yes? " I asked rudely, holding my ears.

"Hey, don't get smart with me " she starts. I rolled my eyes. Keep it under control, keep it under control.

"Now, I just wanted to let you know that tomorrow, or any other day for the rest of the time you live here, I will not be dropping you off at school. So you don't get your hopes up. The school is walking distance, so.. that works." she smiled at me then walked into the room and slammed the door.

"The fuck? You just came out here to tell me that? That's petty as--" 

"Excuse me? Finish that sentence, I dare you." she sneered.

"Nothing" I mumbled, slightly stomping up the stairs. 'Whatever bitch' I thought.

I plopped down on the bed once more, and crawled into the covers. My phone buzzed and I saw it was my friend LaLa from back home. 

hey girl just wanted to say wassup since u in sunny Florida

I smiled. At least someone cared.

I texted back quickly.

yea im good thx for checkin, i was bouta sleep tho so.. gn ❤

yea yea ok ill txt u tmar deuces.✌🏾

I left her on read and just decided to go to sleep, I was so tired.

Falling asleep that night, was so easy.

🥀

My alarm rang in my ear, nearly deafening me.

I slammed it quiet and saw the time was 7:15. School starts at 8:00. Wonderful.

I slugged outta bed and into the shower.

As the warm water ran down my body, I began talking to myself, I habit that I need to get over.

"Ok, Today's your first day. Don't freak out, okay, Why would I freak out? Because you always do? No I don't! Yes you do! Whatever, you need to make a good first impression. As in cute clothes, and be yourself, don't get in anyone's way, and don't mess things up or embarrass your self." 

I've tried to follow these basic principles for a long time. They never seem to work. Issa shame.

I quickly hopped out the shower and began to moisturize myself. As I did my arms, my hands brushed past the scars on my wrists. Three closed slits where I would try to let out my pain lie. It didn't work. 

And that's where they're going to stay. Forever.

I shook that depressing thought from my head and continued with my routine.