10

||BTW, this is Eve; also 18 years old||

Maya's POV

As I was rushing down the hallway, I accidentally bumped into some girl's shoulder and dropped half my stuff. Dammit man.

"Oh my bad. I'm so sorry." I apologized, getting my belongings. 

"No no it's ok. You're good. I was in your way." she said helping me up with my stuff.

Now getting a better chance to look at her, she was actually really pretty. Her eyes were greenish and her make up and stuff was perfect. She had short-ish black hair that went down a little past her shoulders and she had dark brown matte lipstick which fit her light skin tone.

"Um, my name's Maya. What's your's?" I greeted her.

"I'm Eve. And OMG girl, you're hair is on fleek! I did not think that green would look so nice on a black woman!" she said feeling it with her own hands.

I laughed a little. "Thank you, girl. And your make-up is fire girl! Who taught you?" I asked returning a compliment.

"I did. A little bit of YouTube tutorials also helped along the way." she said proudly, flipping her hair.

Laughing again I asked, "So, what class do you have next?"

Checking her phone she said, "Math, one of my favorite subjects."

"Ugh, seriously? You've got to be kidding me. Math is the worst subject of all. I hate it." I groaned.

"Well, I like it." she protested.

"Whatever. That still won't change the fact that I despise mathematics." I sighed mocking Eve and flipping my hair.

"You know, I like you. We like, have to be friends." Eve walking backwards in front of me.

"Sure. Duh. Of course." I smiled at her. She smiled back. 

"Soo..." Eve mused at me, wiggling her perfect eyebrows.

"What?"  I asked.

"You and that guy X." she nudged my side. "Don't think I didn't see you two in the hallway. Getting all comfortable." 

"Oh please. That? He's just so bipolar. And that was his way of apologizing for something he did yesterday." I explained.

"And how did you know that? I didn't see you this morning." I asked skeptically.

"I have my eyes and ears all over this school. honey. Now, what he do? Tell me who I gotta fight." she said taking out her earring. 

"No one" I laughed. "It's just that... his bipolar-ness and his temper got the best of him and he took it out on me. Besides there is no way I can handle someone so.... unstable."