27

Maya's POV

My alarm from my phone blared on the charger next to my bed. I squinted my eyes, even though they were already closed, and I struggled to find my phone with my eyes still closed to turn off the alarm. 

After turning the annoying sound off, I groaned, and pulled the covers off my bed, feeling the cold air rush all over my body.

Shuddering, I hurried up and shuffled over to the bathroom to start my morning routine, knowing how long I take to pick one outfit.

As I hopped out the warm shower, I heard my phone rang.

Securing my towel around my body and drying my hands thoroughly, I picked up the phone a smile formed on my lips.

"Hey," I said walking back over to the bathroom.

"Good morning Maya," Jah's voice came over the phone, low and groggy, yet somewhat cheerful.

"Morning, babes." I responded. Since I actually had to get ready, I put my phone down on the little counter in front of the mirror, and put it on speaker.

"Whatcha doin'?" he asked.

"Oh, just hopped out the shower. I'm about to go pick my outfit soon. What about you? Sounds like you just got up."

"I did. I don't wanna start getting ready just yet. Ima just be lazy for about 20 more minutes before I actually start to consider getting up." he spoke in that husky voice that's starting to grow on me.

I laughed a little at his laziness, and dropped my towel and grabbed some undergarments.

"So that means.... you'll be intentionally late?"

"Mmm, yes ma'am." he hummed.

I pouted, even though he couldn't see my face. "Aww.."

"Don't worry. I don't even know why you pouting, we just FaceTimed last night and I saw you yesterday." X reasoned with me and then laughed again, which caused me to giggle.

"I know but still... I miss--"

"Maya!!!!" I heard my aunt's voice cut through the perfect silence that was in my room. I growled lowly and rolled my eyes.

"Yes, auntie?!" I responded just as loud.

"Sorry, Jah, it's just my irritating aunt." I whispered to him over the phone. That woman has bat ears and I was nervous should would be able to hear me.

"I'm dropping you off today!" she yelled.

"Okay!!" I screamed right back. Shit. 

"Oh this is just great." I commented sarcastically out loud.

"What's wrong?" Jah asked over the the phone.

"My irritating ass aunt is dropping off at school today. I mean if I can't stand in the same room with her for 5 minutes, what makes me think that I can sit in a confined space with her for 20?" I asked rhetorically, slipping on some undergarments.

"Nah, I'ma take you to school instead. I'm comin' over there." he protested, getting up from his bed I presumed.

"No, no. You don't have to." I protested, walking out the bathroom.

"Nah, I don't like your aunt, and I don't want you to have to walk in school all irritated and upset." he argued.

"But what about you sleeping in? I don't want to ruin that for you." I protested.

"True... true.. but oh well. You're more important than getting an extra hour of sleep." he responded, making my heart flutter.

"Aww!" I gushed, holding my hand to my heart. "Well, if you insist." I concluded. "I'll tell her. We going back to your house so you can change?"