25

(Mr. John in the MM⬆)

Maya's POV

After spending about 10 more minutes in the warm rain, I started sneezing and shivering, so we went back in the car.

My hair was limp and dripping wet and X's dreads remained mostly the same. The cupholder buzzed and my phone screen lit up.

I wiped my damp hands on the seat and picked up the phone.

1 missed call, 2 new messages from 'the retard my aunt dating🙄'

the retard my....🙄: can you go to the store and pick up a few things? since ur already out and everything. I sent a list, thx.

sent 7:01 p.m.

me: ugh, fine.

delivered 7:02 p.m.

I put down my phone and adjusted my dress and secretly pulled out a wedgie. "Hey X?"

"Hm?"he said starting the engine. 

"My aunt's boyfriend needs us to go to the store to pick up some stuff. Since he wanna be a lazy ass bum." I rolled my eyes at the last part.

X chuckled at my attitude. "A'ight, baby. Which store? " 

We drove on a one-way road until we ended up on the freeway. "Um, he said Giant, or Walmart will  be fine. "

He nodded his head and we continued to drive as the radio played in the background.

After a  little bit, we pulled up into a Walmart parking lot and we both hopped out of the car.

I slipped on my jacket and tied my hair into a messy bun, just to make myself look decent.

I felt the my back and but and noticed that it was still damp, but not as soaked as earlier. I sighed, I hated being in wet clothes. It's the worst feeling.

"I hate wet clothes." I mumbled to myself. I felt X's arm snaking around me and he lightly squeezed my ass.

"But it makes everything on you look so much better," he mumbled in my ear and kissed on it. I giggled and pushed him away.

"Come on, bruh. Let's hurry up so I can lie down." I took his hand in mine and we walked to the side entrance of Walmart.

Walking into the store, X had the courtesy to grab a cart and we walked past the checkout lines to the dairy section. 

As we walked down past the checkout line a woman's keys slipped from her fingers and fell onto the ground. As she bent over to pick them up, her butt brushed on X's thigh, causing them both to turn around and look at each other.

I glanced at them, and then back again when I realized that the woman looked scarily familiar.

"Oh... my bad." she said lowly, cutting a look at me for a fifth of a second before flashing a small smile.

Then it hit me. Geneva.

"Yeah, definitely your bad." X responded to her. He grabbed me by the waist and took the cart in his other hand and moved forward, but Geneviv--- I mean Geneva-- grabbed him by his arm.