17: Pt 2

Maya's POV

It was getting colder on this balcony. And all these boys who were chilling outside at the pool kept looking up and pointing at me and snickering like I couldn't see them.

'I should go back inside', I thought to myself.

Inside. Where X is. 

I grinned and butterflies erupted in my stomach. I don't know what I was so giddy for. Maybe it was his touch. Or the effect that smirk he always wore had on me. Or the way he kissed me....

I was getting weak in the knees just thinking about it. I bit my lip, smiling like the Grinch, put the blunt out and went inside. 

As I stepped through the screen door, I felt a little tipsy. Oh no. I internally groaned. I hope I don't get drunk. Or too drunk, if I already am.

I stumbled to the living room and retrieved my purse from where I hid it. I opened it took out my phone and looked at the time. It's nearly 1 a.m. Not the latest I've been awake, but still, damn.

I was bout to go find Eve to leave, but then I heard footsteps on I noticed was the stage behind me.

I turned around confused and saw Ski. He saw me looking at him then he smiled and crouched down to give me a hug.  "Hey BFF! I ain't see you all night! You having fun?" he yelled over the music.

"Yeah! I had a great time! Have you seen Eve? I  need to tell her that I want to go home!" I yelled at the same volume.

Ski started to look nervous and his eyes shifted a lot like he was hiding something. Hm.

"Uh... yea. She's... upstairs. In one of the rooms... sleeping.." he said unsurely. 

I was confused for a minute. Why would she be upstairs sleeping? She doesn't even-- Then it hit me. And a smiled started to form on my face. 

"Oohh!!! You did it with Eve!!!" I shrieked and shook his shoulder lightly. He looked like he started blushing but I couldn't tell cause it was dark-ish.  I could still tell he was smiling like an idiot though.

He chuckled nervously. "Heh. Yeah..." he trailed off, smiling, all embarrassed and stuff. "She wasn't even drunk. The pussy was so--" 

I put my finger over his mouth. "Nope. Uh-uh. Stop right there. You are not bouta tell me how my best friend's kitty was. You can tell ya homeboys that. " 

He mean mugged me then smiled. Then he bit nibbled on my finger. I quickly pulled my finger away and then mean mugged him back. 

He just laughed. As he was laughing, X walked up to Ski and I. He didn't look as drunk as before.

"Aye, wassup nigg." X said dapping Ski up. X kept looking at me up and down. It looked like he wanted to say something but he was couldn't spit it out. They then started talking about X's performance. 

I just stood there, not knowing what to do or say. Might as well find a good seat and watch the show. 

I went to get a stool from the kitchen and got something that didn't have any alcohol in it. I looked through the fridge real quick and grabbed a bottle of apple juice. I love  apple juice. Makes me feel like a child.

I brought the stool and my apple juice back to the living room where I could get a good view of the stage but not in anybody's way. 

A notification popped up on my screen. It said it was from Twitter. I opened it and saw famaliar faces in a familiar setting. It was X and Ski. The picture looked really professional though. X looked bout fine as hell.