29

Maya's POV

We all laughed loudly and people began to stare at us, as we watched a video from Jah's phone of him getting tased in the side and him screaming like a banshee. His scream almost made me cringe.

I didn't even know how we got on this topic.

"Oh my God!!" Yet, I still laughed even harder. "What the hell is wrong with y'all?" I looked at Ski, then at Jah, who I could barely see because of the tears welling in my eyes.

"Bruh, we was crazy back then." Jah said through laughs.

"Nigga, you still are." Ski commented.

This made us all laugh again. We were all just talking and laughing as we waited for one of the employees to bring us our food.

Jah made his mouth into an 'O' shape like he had just remembered something. "Ayooo, Stoke," he dragged out.

I glanced at him in confusion. Who?, I asked myself. I looked at the person whom he was referring to as "Stoke" and he was looking at Ski.

My mouth made an O-shape this time. "Ohhh...." I said to more to myself. I guess Ski's real name was Stoke. Probably short for Stokeley.

Aww, how cute.

"What?" everyone asked, looking at me. I'm assuming they heard me when I said 'Ohh'.

"Because I just realized that Ski's real name is Stoke, or Stokeley." I felt dumb when I say it out loud. How can I not know my guy best friend's real name? Pitiful.

"Yeah, duh, you didn't know?" Jah asked.

I shook my head no, feeling more embarrassed.

"Girl, I told you over the phone one time. And you the one that asked me." Eve said, causing the guys to chuckle.

I crossed my arms and sunk in my seat. "I don't recall." I said.

Eve was about to say something else until one of the people that worked hear came with a large tray filled with an assortment of fried foods. There wasn't an open space on that tray and our orders were piling on top of each other's.

Damn, we fat.

"Here you all are." she said. I peeped the girl eyeing both Jah and Ski-- or should I say Stoke-- in a way that neither I nor Eve liked.

I eyed her up and down and looked at her name tag. Iyana.

"Um, excuse me Iyana," I started, adding a tone of detest when I uttered her name. "You already gave us our food and drinks so I don't know what you still standing here for." I said in a fake polite manner.

"Yeah, you can get the fuck and go back to your job. Stop staring at our boyfriends like they're the pieces of meat you be frying back there. Bye." Eve went off, putting extra emphasis on the 'our'.

She glared at both of us and was about to open her mouth and say something but an older looking woman who was dressed in a different uniform, most likely the manager, walked right past her, so she closed her lips into a thin line and rolled her eyes instead.

"Drinks are over there." she said coldly, pointing to fountain drinks. She wasted no time turning on her heel and back into the kitchen.

"Damn," both Jah and Stoke mumbled as they watched the scene unfold as they ate their drumsticks.

"Y'all ain't see her eye-raping y'all?" Eve asked the boys. They both shook their heads 'no' and continued to eat.

I shook my own head, tearing off a piece of my own drumstick.  "Niggas, I swear. Never notice anything."