9

Maya's POV

I woke up the next morning trying to remember what had happened last night. 

I sat up trying to get a glimpse of my alarm clock and saw that it was 7:30. As I sat up, my head began to pound and I groaned loudly. Ugh, what I wonderful start for the morning.

At the same time though, the memories from last night began to flow from last night. Me going to X's house, him making out with that Chipotle bitch, and me storming out stealing their food and drinks and cigarettes.

Yea, that sounds about right.

I slowly got out of bed trying not to make my head hurt even more and make things worse. I did my morning routine, slowly and carefully because for some reason my body ached.

I once more struggled to find an outfit to wear. Checking the weather as my guidance, it said it was going to be a little cooler today. Since it was going to be colder, and I was going to be inside all day, I decided on wearing this white spaghetti strap shirt, a pair of ripped jeans, my blue and white bomber jacket and since my feet were looking bomb, my blue Givenchy slides. 

Hey, I got the hookup. It is what it is.

Instead of leaving my hair down, I decided to put  my hair up in a puff ball bun and I quickly did my edges. I clean up good.

I grabbed my belongings and homework and went downstairs and scoured the fridge for something to eat. Since I didn't have time to make anything, I just grabbed a chocolate Pop Tart and some iced tea. 

"Hey kid, lemme drive you to school" Kevin offered coming into the kitchen with nothing on but some pajama pants and slippers. He wasn't the skinniest guy but he wasn't fat either. I shuddered internally. 

"Why would you do that? What's the catch" I asked interrogating him.

"Nothing. Just because you're aunt doesn't care about ya doesn't mean I don't." he explained. 

Huh. That actually made sense. Maybe he wasn't a crappy dead beat with no job like I thought he was.

"Besides, I'm going out anyways to pick up some food before I go to work." he added.

I nearly choked on my tea. "Wait." I started, trying to compose myself. "You're going outside... like that?" 

"'Course not." he replied in a duh tone. "I'm gonna get a shirt." he said rushing back to his room.

"Ok" I mumbled in a duh, mocking tone.

Awaiting by the front door, my phone buzzed in pocket. I put the Pop Tart in my other hand and turned my phone on to see who was. Ugh, wonderful. It was X. Again. Right now, I have 9 new messages from him and 7 missed calls. Hm, this guy is really sorry isn't he?

"A'ight, les' bounce." Kevin finally returning in some joggers, a black T-Shirt, and Adidas slides. Hm, decent.

I chuckled. "I hope you don't go to work like that." Pointing at him up and down.

"Uh no" he said once again in a duh tone. Like I was retarded or something. 

"Alrighty then" I said in finality, and off we were out the door.

~

The ride to school with Kevin was fairly ok. In a few minutes, I managed to doze off and he shook me to wake me up.

"Huh, who what?" I jumped up, carefully rubbing my eye not to smudge my make up.

"Oh. We're here. Thanks Kevin for dropping me off." I said getting out and closing the door.