28.

Maya

The bell had rung, dismissing us from class. As everyone began to get up though, the teacher walked in front of his desk and put his right arm in the air.

"Um, excuse me! " his voice bellowed throughout the room, catching everyone's attention.

"No one, is leaving until this room is straightened up! The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do!"

I could practically see everyone rolling their eyes. This negro.

The class filled up with groans and profanities. Only a small handful of students actually picked up or move something, while the rest of the class filed out.

I moved back a desk or two and walked out of the room.

I was not about to stay in there while my stomach ate itself.

Adjusting my books in my arms, I pulled out my phone from my pencil pouch and opened up Apple Music.

When I reached my locker, I put in my combination and put all my stuff down, as I searched my backpack for my earbuds. Finally locating them, I plugged them into my phone, and pressed shuffle of Summer Walker's Last Day of Summer.

Then I froze in my tracks and my heart rate sped up. The class I have after lunch was Psych 101. 

With Mr. John.

I began to sweat bullets as a  nauseous feeling erupted in the pit of my stomach.

~

[1.22.19 - a/n : okay listen, please don't murder me in my sleep :) i know i haven't updated this or any of my other books in at least three weeks, maybe more, and i'm deeply sorry for leaving y'all with mediocrity and reading the same stuff over and over. at least i know some of y'all actually enjoy doing that.

 but anyways, i'm sorry again and the reason, or reasons, why i haven't update was because i've been studying for this huge test (the SAT) and i just started this college class and i've been preparing for it. also because i've been so caught up with several other books i've been reading and i just couldn't function until i've read a good amount of them or i've finished them :) i've been reading a lot of boyxboy books and i'm like.. in love with them now idk. there's some really good ones out there like McLovin'  or that ziam fanfic Princess, i reread Broken Hope..... and i gotta shout out @kimetrius and @scumfuckflowerbitch for alllll their stories and keeping me hooked . go read their stuff ya dig?  sorry, this author's note is too long and yeah. don't kill me and read my stories. thanks hun.]

~

Feeling my heart pulsating and vibrating through my body, I continued to switch out my belongings for my afternoon classes.

I pulled out my phone and tapped on Jah's name to text him where he was but I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around. He stood behind me with his backpack hanging off his right shoulder.

"Hey." he said casually, giving me a small smile.

I returned it, genuinely happy to see him. "Hi." We both leant in for a hug and he held my waist and pecked my lips. "You ready?"

I nodded and slammed my locker door shut. "Yeah."

"Alright, let's go." he said. As we walked towards the front of the building, his arm slipped and hung lazily around my shoulder.