Growing Up [Logicality] (Parents AU)

Start from the beginning

"Oh! Papa! Daddy helped me draw something! I drew it just for you!"

She picked up her sketchbook and backpack. She hung the backpack on the back of the chair Logan was sitting in and flipped through her sketchbook. She ripped out a paper, which always meant she wanted it to be displayed on the fridge, and gave it to Logan. It was a rainbow flower she made in art class. She sighed her name on it and everything. My my, look who's getting to be quite the artist~

"Mochi, did you draw this yourself?"

"Uh Huh! Daddy helped too!"

"Ha Ha, Don't listen to her Logybear. She drew it all on her own. She just doesn't want to steal all the credit."

Logan laughed. She definately learned that sort of behavior from Patton. Not inherited, but learned. There's a difference. Mochi's face went red. Patton hit it right on the money. Logan took the picture, taking it in, and smiled. He reached over and ruffled Mochi's long black halr before standing up.

"Something like this belongs on the fridge."

Mochi gasped and grinned, following him to the fridge. Logan took a magnet and placed it over the drawing, making it stick to the metal door of the fridge. Logan almost fell into it when Mochi rammed him a hug from behind. She barely was about as high as his waist, but it was still meaningful regardless. It was a non-verbal "I love you". Logan looked over at Patton, who was giggling and trying to take a picture on his phone. Yep. He's still the same sneaky bastard he used to be. Logan really does love him.

💙

"No no, you strum your fingers like this and use this hand to hold down this chord so it makes this sound."

"But it doesn't work, Dad! I've been trying and it just doesn't work!"

"Keep attempting to do it, Mochi. You'll get it eventually. You said you wanted to learn how to play guitar so you're going to learn guitar."

Logan was trying to teach Mochi how to play one of his favorite instruments: acoustic guitar. Ir doesn't beat a nice viola or cello, but it had its own sort of twist to it make it extremely pleasant to listen to. Since Mochi was right handed, it was hard for a lefty like Logan to teach her properly how to play. But she still tried her best. Just like she tried her best to convince her dad's to let her dye her hair a sort of dirty blonde. She still had black streaks here and there, but she managed to go blonde.

"Papa! I did it! I did it Papa! I played the note! Soon I'll be able to play the whole song!"

Logan Smiled, clearly proud of her. His old stoic tendencies have washed down the drain ever since he got married to Patton and adopted Mochi. Everything is just so great now. Speaking of Patton, he opened the door and walked in with a plate of cookies. He set it down on the bed and sat down next to his family, giving Mochi a kiss and reached across her to hold his husband's hand. 

"So? How's she doing?"

"She played a note."

"I played a note!"

Patton giggled, clearly proud of her. She focused hard on her hands, moving them to try and play the note again. She's only on fifth grade so you have to give her the beifit of the doubt. After a few tries and telling Logan to "hush up" because she got this she finally played the note and she beamed with so much pride again it could make even the Evil Queen's Heart Melt.

"See? I did it! I did it again!"

She's so precious!

💙

Logan had been able to get the day off and he spent it all with his loving husband, who had a holiday at the elementary school. Sadly, the Highschool didn't share the same holiday. Finals. It sucks. So Mochi was stuck in school taking a test. She should be home any minute now....