Second Chance At Love: Chapter 35

• Dedicated to My baby sister. I will always love you

Chapter 35:

The first thought that crossed my mind the next morning was 'God I hate being heartbroken.'

Because that's how I felt. Yet again.

"This is getting old," I said to myself a couple days later. Which was another incredibly sad thing. Yes, sometimes I talk to myself. But I'm a little bit lonely and it works.

I climbed out of bed and pulled a hoodie on over my cami. Marina wasn't up yet, but she shouldn't be, as she got up at 5, and at 6, and at 7.

I don't think she was feeling well.

I carried the baby monitor downstairs with me to get some breakfast. My dad had already left for work so the house was deserted. And lonely.

I couldn't help but let out the sigh of regret as I remembered me humbling myself and calling Damon, only to have a girl answer his phone.

God it makes me so mad.

I decided that Marina and I needed to get out today. I couldn't spend my days moping around and wallowing in my own pity. Nope, it definitely would not work.

I ate some toast and quickly showered, pulling on some comfy denim skinnies and a forest green hoodie.

Marina woke up shortly after I was finished getting ready. I changed her and put her in some jeans and an adorable shirt and pea coat. Dressing baby girls is incredibly fun.

I packed her diaper bag and we were on our way.

As I was driving down the road and away from my house, I realized I had no plans on what I was doing. I guess I was just going to drive around for a little while and see where it took me.

Unfortunately I didn't think this whole thing through. Something I tend to do a lot.

I didn't even notice as I drove down a familiar road, not until I saw the sign.

Now Entering Florence.

Just dandy.

I shrugged it off. So what if this is the town where Taylor lives. I mean, I go places all the time in Tucson, and I don't run into people I know. I knew that I wouldn't run into Taylor the one time I came to Florence. Might as well have some fun.

I decided to pick up some stuff I needed before I wandered around doing nothing, so I parked in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

I pulled Marina out and headed inside, ignoring the aching in my chest. There wasn't anything I could do about it.

I started wandering the aisles, getting the things I needed and throwing them in my cart where Marina was sleeping. As I was standing in the deodorant aisle, I heard a voice that I never wanted to hear again.

"You have to be effin kidding me," I moaned.

I could distinctly hear Taylor's voice talking, what sounded like into a phone. He was in the other aisle so I tried to come down the other side so he wouldn't see me. Unfortunately, he was moving too.

"Yeah so it all worked out.... Monica?"

I abruptly turned. Taylor was standing there looking at me in shock. Next to him was a brunette woman about his age; she was looking back and forth between us.

"Taylor," I stated, not making any effort to start a conversation.

Does God hate me? Because that was definitely running through my mind at the moment. I couldn't even grasp the fact that I had awkwardly run into Taylor twice now. I mean, seriously? What the heck is the chance of that?